Search results

1. Badsha

Clack WS1 Maintenance - SoCal - Need Local Company

That's why I was hoping to find someone local to help me. Also, I have messed with that nut tightening it to help stop the air from leaking when drawing brine. Its an ongoing issue I believe.
  2. Badsha

Bannerman I think 3) not all of the brine that is produced is being drawn into the media tank is part of it. Reach4 yes, is that when the salt hardens into chunks? I will try to post the settings as soon as I can. There seems to be a lot of brine water, that concentration is not enough I assume...
  3. Badsha

I will check the settings today and add more salt. I will tilt the salt so it is not under water.
  4. Badsha

Increase the reserve? Add more salt in the brine tank? Last time the issue was air in the brine tank line and the back fill was not
  5. Badsha

Hello, For reference I have a Clack WS1 and Carbon Tank. Please see below. Does anyone know of any local companies in the Southbay (Torrance, Redondo Beach, Gardena area) who can troubleshoot/diagnose water softener issues? It's been 5 years since the water softener and carbon filter system...
  6. Badsha

Clack WS1 Carbon Filter System - Backwash Frequency

Its very rare that the softener and carbon filter will both regen/backwash at the same time? I have been running Carbon filter backwash every 2 weeks for 2.5 years. Was that not a good idea? Hopefully didnt drastically reduce lifespan of Carbon resin.
  7. Badsha

Clack WS1 Carbon Filter System - Backwash Frequency

I have a whole house Carbon filter with a 1.5 Cubic Foot Clack WS1 valve, which backwashes every 14 days. Can I have it backwash every month instead? Thank you. City Water Grains of hardness - 16-17 grains per gallon (gpg) pH - 6.5 Iron - no detectable levels Chlorine - NA, water company...
  8. Badsha

Water Softener + Carbon Filter while on vacation

I have Clack WS1 carbon and water softener valves. Should I just pull the plugs? I dont remember if the valve controllers have on/off buttons.
  9. Badsha

Water Softener + Carbon Filter while on vacation

Hello, I am leaving on vacation for two weeks. Should I shut off the carbon filter and water softener? Is there any issue If i let both on their normal cycles while away? My carbon filter regenerates every two weeks, should I set it to one month? I am on municipal water in a city. Thank you.
  10. Badsha

Clack WS1 Water Softener Issues

Just measured raw water at 17 GPG. I did what Reach4 suggested. The hardness setting was set to 18, so I upped it to 19. Regen ran, but what is weird is that I heard the water softener doing its thing at 3am and then again at 4am. I also probably need to check the brine line, I heard air in the...
  11. Badsha

System is a little over 2 years old. When should one expect to replace the resin? So you agree like the others to change hardness to 17 or more manual setting?
  12. Badsha

I will test both raw water and current soft water tomorrow. I will check the manual and figure out how to change the hardness setting. I have Hach 5b. I will also get you the guys the amount of water used per month by the family.
  13. Badsha

Sorry for the confusion. The 1200 gallons (now 1059 gallons) is from the last regen cycle. I cleaned the brine tank after the last regen. I added water from a hose, but not sure If enough water was added. The water level is a little below the salt level. With the remaining 1059 gallons, I do...
  14. Badsha

Btw I still have 1200 gallons before the next cycle. Is there a rush to add the water? When you say clean water, I can add hard raw water? Or should i add the softened water?
  15. Badsha

Bannerman the water supply is Municipal. STATS Water pressure: 75-80psi (tested from spigot front/back of the house) 2 adults and 1 child in the home 1.5 baths: 1 Shower, 1 Handheld body sprayer, 1 Tub, 2 Toilets, 2 Faucets. Kitchen - Dishwasher, Faucet, Refrigerator water dispenser/ice...
  16. Badsha

I bought the Clack WS1 units from a very reputable dealer. I spoke to him at length on my household needs. System Details here if you are curious: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/water-softener-help-with-proper-system-selection.57651/#post-430512 Water Softener is 1.5CF...
  17. Badsha

Hello. I have been having some issues with my water softener on and off and did some troubleshooting on my own. The system is about 2 years old. I would appreciate any questions or help. Last maintenance step I preformed was to cut the Jaco tube fitting coming from the brine tank because of...
  18. Badsha

In Line Water Softener + Deinoizer System

Yeah but I am bit weary of their claims. Is there a filter I could put on the bib that would just remove minerals IF the water was already soft and carbon filtered? A filter that would remove any cations/anions? Deionized water.
  19. Badsha

In Line Water Softener + Deinoizer System

I was wondering if there is a water softening system and deinoizer available that I can just attach to an external raw water bib and use it to wash my cars, house, concrete? I already have carbon filter + water softener for the house. There was already a water bib/spout that would have already...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks