Search results

1. volleydog

Unable to remove valve stem

Bought the Danco Tub & Shower socket kit from Lowe's for ~$17, but that alone didn't get it loose. Ended up using a pipe wrench on the socket and that's what finally cracked it loose. No damage to the wall or other parts of the plumbing.
  2. volleydog

Hot water reduced to trickle in shower - cold water works fine

Just got done testing a couple ways: Removed center stem - Turned on cold water: water shoots out (thanks for heads up) - Turned on hot water: nothing comes out center hole, trickles out from tub spout Removed hot stem, turned on hot water: - Water does NOT shoot out hot hole - just trickles...
  3. volleydog

Still getting a trickle out of the spout with the stem out. Is there a way to check for a blockage in the valve between the hot water feed and the diverter?
  4. volleydog

The washer was mostly intact but could have sent a small piece downstream. Is there a way to clear it out if that's the case? The water flow was a sudden change. One day it ran perfect, the next I had a trickle. I didn't try with the stem completely removed; didn't have anything to...
  5. volleydog

I received advice (outside this site) to remove the hot water stem and inspect for debris or functional problems. Thanks to your help in another thread, I was able to get the stem removed last night. - 3 handle setup - says "Central" on the hardware - Hot water works fine everywhere else...
  6. volleydog

Good news: cracked the nut loose and was able to extract the stem. Thanks for clarifying the process! Bad news: wasn't able to find the root cause of my original problem. Root issue: hot water only trickles out of the faucet. Cold water works fine. Hot water works fine everywhere else in...
  7. volleydog

Handle and flange removed. Nothing else taken off yet.
  8. volleydog

I have not removed the packing nut. I thought that's what this nut is in the picture? The only things I have taken off so far are the handle and the flange. The manufacturer mark only says Central.
  9. volleydog

Thanks, Terry. I've actually gotten a pretty good grip on the nut with the socket, but concerned about applying too much force and damaging more of the assembly that's in the wall. Guess I'll add a little leverage and give it another go later tonight!
  10. volleydog

I'm trying to remove the valve stem (hot water) on a 3 handle faucet that says "Central" on the handle, but can't get it freed up. I believe it's the original installation which makes it a 1978 install. I was finally able to get the handle and flange removed, but can't get the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks