Search results

1. bob-texas

Do I Need This Pressure Tank ?

Reach4, a year ago the well pump locked up and threw the breaker. I pulled the pump on 180 feet of pipe. The pump was one big hunk of rusty sludge. The 1 1/4" pipe was closed down to about 3/4 ". I installed a new pump and pipe. Before putting in the new stuff, I put 5 gal. of dry acid in the...
  2. bob-texas

DonL, I don't know what a big pond is. I have seen much small er, and much larger. The previous homeowner was running 17 stations direct from the well to water the areas away from the house, and using a 2nd controller on city water to water around the house, due to the iron rust on everything. 3...
  3. bob-texas

DonL, Arlington-Mansfield area. The sprinkler system with 2 controllers runs 37 stations with a total run time of 23 hours. The pond drops about 1/4 " per hour. The liquid control electrodes are set to turn on the well when the pond level drops 4 ". The well pump is set to shut off at 45. It...
  4. bob-texas

Thanks LL and Craig for the quick responses. Yes, it is turned on and off with a pressure switch. You guys have answered my question. I was just trying to make sure that I was doing everything possible to protect the new pump. Thanks again
  5. bob-texas

Question About Pump Pressure To Irrigation System

Thanks Valveman, Home Depot and Lowe's have a small 3/4 " valve. Is this type good enough ?
  6. bob-texas

My well pump is 180 feet deep. The pump is a 3 hp 27 gpm. It used to operate the sprinklers, but now the only use for the well is to fill the pond through a bladder and and 250 feet of 1" pipe. The pump runs non stop at 28 to 30 lbs. Does the bladder make the pump work any harder ? Would I be...
  7. bob-texas

Hunter Icc Controller Question

I have 2 systems with both using the Hunter Icc controllers. 1 has been controlling a pump in the pond using the Hunter pump start relay. The pump start relay is wired to the common terminal and the pmv terminal as in the hunter instructions. This all works great. The 2nd system has been on city...
  8. bob-texas

Question About Pump Pressure To Irrigation System

I have a 2 hp 27 gpm pump in the pond going to stations with 6 heads that total 18 gpm. This has been working great for 3 years. I recently took a second system off the city water supply and connected it to the pond supply. This system has lots of 1/2 and 1/4 round heads. The pressure is extreme...
  9. bob-texas

Need advice on troubleshooting a B&W 1500 series induction relay

I use a 3 hp pump to fill the pond, a 2 hp out of the pond for the sprinklers, and a B&W 1500 liquid control relay to start and stop the fill system. The system worked fine for about 3 years. Now the well fills the pond nonstop. The first check was the start and stop diodes and the ground wire...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks