Search results

1. QinVA

Stumped! Need to prime my pump.

Flotec 4012-08 Problems I got the well primed - finally, and it's pumping like it used to. The last thing I did was replace, or change, all the piping from pump to the check valve, and replaced the shaft seal, even though the old one looked fine. For those with an older Sta-Rite/Flotec...
  2. QinVA

C/l is the centerline of the impeller and pump. I lowered the pump and it is a straight shot from the housing to the 90. Didn't help. After just minutes of priming, the pipe from check valve to the pump gets hot. When I check to add water during the priming op, hot vapor comes out. Two...
  3. QinVA

I'll bet you're correct. The time it does pump is the time it takes for the cone-of-influence to be pumped down to the point where the well can't lift the water any more.
  4. QinVA

I'll bet you're correct. The time it does pump is the time it takes for the cone-of-influence to be pumped down to the point where the well can't lift the water any more.
  5. QinVA

All my neighbors have wells, they are all shallow, and they are all single pipe units. Mine's the only one that won't pump right now. The pump is on top of the tank which sits about 8" above the ground, so depth from the top of the water column to the c/l was nearly 20'. But, when I took the...
  6. QinVA

It's a single inch & 1/4 pipe. It's surprising to me that it would just stop working this year after so long. Everything inside looked perfect. Is there a chance the shaft seal could be leaking just enough to make this happen? I'm actually surprised the water is that high in the well. We are...
  7. QinVA

I also have a plastic housing Flotec 3/4 hp shallow well pump, as I've seen on another post. It has been working for over 20 years (with maintenance, as needed). I'm new to this forum, and hoping my problem rings a bell with someone that has already had the same situation. This spring the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks