Search results

1. FullySprinklered

Cinch Tool

A customer gifted me a cinch tool yesterday. Found it behind the water heater. I already have the ring crimpers and the expansion tool, but this thing looks like it could come in handy. Would like some feedback from someone who has used it. Not sure if the system is dependable, but it could...
  2. FullySprinklered

Sewage pump issue

Customer had a full sewage tank that would not pump out. Here's what I've done so far. 1. Corrected the vent. There was a Studer vent installed. I removed it and connected the vent properly to a pipe in the wall upstairs. 2. Replaced the check valve. The flipper was broken loose and rattling...
  3. FullySprinklered

Sunrise shower valve

Anyone else out there have experience installing a Sunrise shower valve. Just did the set-out on one I installed back in February. Did not go well. It comes with special nipples that stick out from the finished surface to which the shower arm and the hand-held bracket attach, which are held on...
  4. FullySprinklered

LED panel lights

Installed 12 LED panel lights today and the customer doesn't like the fact that they are still very bright even on full dim. He's ordering a new set of 3000k lights and we'll put the 4000k lights that are installed, elsewhere. Here's the question: can I just leave the installed transformers in...
  5. FullySprinklered

Sharkbite needs Poligrip

I made it about a mile down the road before the customer called me back. He had the water mostly mopped up by the time I got there. I was halfway through with a small repipe when my day ended. I temporarily reconnected the bathroom group to the new Pex using a 3/4 slip Sharkbite coupling that...
  6. FullySprinklered

Bad Kitty

Customer had a kicked-out gfci outlet that wouldn't reset. Breaker was ok. I replaced the outlet, but still no dice. I noticed that he had those child safety inserts on all the outlets downstream. As it turned out, his cat was in the habit of getting up on the kitchen counter and pissing on the...
  7. FullySprinklered

Italian Job

Customer today had an ongoing issue with a shower valve. They've never been able to turn the temperature down below scalding hot. They finally just turned the temp down at the water heater. The valve is an Italian- made set up with a temperature knob in the middle and an on knob just above it...
  8. FullySprinklered

Carpenter Bees

Is it just a problem in the Southeast, or do other areas have problems with them as well?
  9. FullySprinklered

K-6393 Kohler Highline Classic dual flush

Installed a Kohler Highline Classic today. The elves in the engineering department are staying busy as usual. This is a dual flush 1.1/1.6 toilet. In the tank, it has a Fluidmaster fill valve. It feeds water to the overflow tube which has a diverter float feature which feeds water to the tank...
  10. FullySprinklered

Under Counter Lights

Installed fourteen lights for a customer last week. Twelve under the kitchen counters and two under the bar area and butler's pantry cabinet. The customer came up with the fixtures. They are GE enbrighten LED lights. 12 inch, 18 inch, and 24 inch fixtures, with a lifetime warranty. They have a...
  11. FullySprinklered

Kitchen Sink Clog with Bonus feature.

Had a service call on a clogged kitchen sink. Double bowl with disposer on the right and dishwasher drain connected on the extension down tube on the left side. She had a water filtration system with a little spout to the right of the faucet, and a three-gang cartridge array screwed to the left...
  12. FullySprinklered

Washlet Remote

Installed two washlets last week. One in the powder room, one in the master. Maybe 20 feet apart as the crow flies. Are the remotes coded to prevent any overlap issues with the range of coverage? The program has decided that I don't know how to spell. The title should read: Washlet Remote. Had...
  13. FullySprinklered

Generator Grounding Question

I have a 3800 watt portable generator that I'm setting up to use for power outages. It will remain pretty much stationary on the side deck. The plan is to feed a small sub panel in the basement and from there to new outlets in three critical locations. The manufacturer wants the frame of the...
  14. FullySprinklered

Rheem-O Smith install

Put in a pair of A O Smith 40 gal water heaters in series yesterday. Purchased by a realtor for the seller. Six-year warranty. These are my first of this brand from Lowe's. I usually shop the other store since, in Atlanta, you have to drive past 3-4 HDs to find a Lowe's. Don't hate them, they're...
  15. FullySprinklered

PMS

The preacher finished his sermon by saying " So you see, brothers and sisters, there's nothing in your daily life that isn't addressed by the Good Book. You can always look to the bible for the answers to all your problems." After the service, the preacher was approached by a lady on the church...
  16. FullySprinklered

The Big Question

Who eats cotton and drives a motorcycle? Weevil Kneivel.
  17. FullySprinklered

Toilet blockage: New Trick

Customer added on a clogging toilet issue this week. I skipped over the usual auger and plunger show and pulled the toilet up. Flipped over on it's side I could just barely see something up in there from the bottom, black and about the size of a pencil. I was able to dislodge it but made no...
  18. FullySprinklered

Smart Switches

Regular customer came up with a small batch of smart switches and wanted me to install them in his house. Not something I've done before, so I went online and watched all the pertinent videos I could find on the subject and showed up Monday am with a little know-how and zero experience. Here's...
  19. FullySprinklered

Tea Leaves

A fellow came down with a bad case of hemorrhoids and didn't know what to do. He talked it around among his friends in search of a cure. "We always use tea leaves" said one of his friends, so the unfortunate gentleman gave it a try. He packed his butt-crack full of tea leaves and waddled around...
  20. FullySprinklered

Penguin toilet

No, it's not a hole in the ice. It's a Chinese made round-bowl 1.28 flush toilet, my first one, provided by the customer. The china's good, flushes well, has all Fluidmaster guts in the tank. It's claim to fame is the cast-in drainage system that prevents the toilet from running over. Like a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks