Search results

1. FullySprinklered

Shutoff valve hose removal

Did you bleed the pressure off elsewhere?
  2. FullySprinklered

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

Do we know how many times the operator cycled the tool?
  3. FullySprinklered

1 inch well pipe plastic

I've used 1" sharkbite slip couplings on 1" HDPE. I think it's CTS and not IPS.
  4. FullySprinklered

Cinch Tool

A customer gifted me a cinch tool yesterday. Found it behind the water heater. I already have the ring crimpers and the expansion tool, but this thing looks like it could come in handy. Would like some feedback from someone who has used it. Not sure if the system is dependable, but it could...
  5. FullySprinklered

Kohler flush volume (water usage)

The fill valve has the float. The flush valve has the flapper. The "flapper" may be staying up too long. Could be a tower rather than the traditional flapper. Did two yesterday where the arm on the handle had some buildup or corrosion not allowing the tower to drop down as designed, wasting...
  6. FullySprinklered

Bath Tub Overflow Confusion

You might get some slack by removing the tub drain and pushing back on the overflow head.
  7. FullySprinklered

Flooring guy needs a little help with Toilet / Flange?

I would take my angle grinder with the diamond blade, and grind half an inch off the pucker hole on the bottom of the toilet. Sorry for getting too technical.
  8. FullySprinklered

Grout creeping out of shower drain?

Tile setters tend to sluff off grout down the drain without doing anything to block it off. It hardens up and starts catching hair and stuff and eventually clogs the drain. Had to fix quite a few.
  9. FullySprinklered

Un-shielded fernco couplings

The shielded ferncos can be awkward to use in some situations since it has a stop in the middle of it. The unshielded fitting can be slid down the pipe, then slid back over the joint to be tightened down. I'll let others debate the legalities.
  10. FullySprinklered

Sewage pump issue

They charge by the pound for the Zoellers.
  11. FullySprinklered

Sewage pump issue

Yep, it was the pump. Purring like a kitten now. Identical to the bad one, 1/2 horse Zoeller, 3-year warranty. Put the first one in November of 2018. That's three years and two months. Knock me down with a feather.
  12. FullySprinklered

Sewage pump issue

I told her to go ahead and order the pump. Should be in early next week. Surprisingly, it's cheaper than it was before. If it ain't the pump I'll have to fall on my sword. Thanks for the input from everyone. I'll update next week.
  13. FullySprinklered

Sewage pump issue

Yeah, the house breaker trips. Looking back at my records, I replaced that pump in Nov of 2018. Customer did a phone sale on the pump at the supply house and I don't have any other invoices for any parts. The shut off valve and the check valve must be original. Only tank I ever saw that had a...
  14. FullySprinklered

Sewage pump issue

Looks like two votes for a bad pump.
  15. FullySprinklered

Sewage pump issue

more so after drilling the hole
  16. FullySprinklered

Sewage pump issue

While I was lying flat on the floor armpit deep in the tank feeling around for my favorite flashlight, I didn't feel any buildup. No brownheads.
  17. FullySprinklered

Sewage pump issue

Discharge pipe was pretty slimey and didn't see a hole. Drilled a new one and that didn't help. I wonder if the pump got weakened from running on too much. Pumped good at floor level, but maybe not so much up 8 feet? Three year old pump, expensive one.
  18. FullySprinklered

Sewage pump issue

I'll swing by there and take a look, thanks. Will keep you posted.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks