Search results

1. swlred

Best under slab sewer pipe for new house?

What is the most durable, longest lasting type of sewer drain pipe for under a concrete slab? This for a new house with a basement, currently under construction. We are considering solid core schedule 40 PVC (not foam core), but wondering if there is a better option. Schedule 80 PVC? Cast...
  2. swlred

How to replace valve on short PEX stub-out?

I need to replace some valves on PEX, but the stub-outs might be too short to simply cut the tubing and replace the valve (see photo below). I tried pulling the tubing out from the wall but there isn't much slack. I *might* be able to cut and replace, but it would be close... Can anyone...
  3. swlred

Yellow pieces of softener salt

I just used a bag of water softener salt, and as I was pouring it into the brine tank I noticed there were a few pieces of salt with yellow on them. Does anyone know what might be causing the yellow color? Is it a cause for concern? See the picture below. It seems like most pieces with yellow...
  4. swlred

Water softener installation: plumbing questions

Hi everyone, I'm planning to install a new water softener (48k, with a Fleck 5600SXT control) and whole-house carbon filter (this one, with a Fleck 2510 control), and I have some questions about the plumbing: 1) Can I tie the drain lines from the water softener and whole-house filter...
  5. swlred

Garage electrical outlets & appliances (water softener, etc)

Hi everyone, I originally posted this question in the water softener forum, but I'm thinking it might be more of an electrical question, so I hope you don't mind if I repost it here: Is a GFCI outlet required (or recommended) for a water softener located in the garage? I'm installing some...
  6. swlred

GFCI for water softener in garage?

Is a GFCI outlet required (or recommended) for a water softener located in the garage? I'm installing some whole-house water equipment in my garage (sediment filter, water softener, UV light) and the instruction manual for the UV light recommends installing it on a GFCI outlet. The...
  7. swlred

Wet vents or missing vents?

I hired a plumber to inspect a new construction house that I'm buying. His report says that many of the plumbing fixtures do not have vents. I'm wondering if it might be possible that the house is wet vented? I'm trying to get in touch with him but he's out on a job… hopefully he will call me...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks