Search results

1. MrFloratam

PRV questions

I moved years ago and forgot to update my profile here to reflect that. It's an older (but otherwise in great shape) brick house with a basement in Ohio. The plumbing is all 1/2" copper, updated in probably the last 20 years. I think the old owner did most things himself. Aside from the small...
  2. MrFloratam

PRV questions

I agree completely. However there's not many options for rentals here so I either put up with it and continue replacing things at my cost or make him fix it and he raises the rent. If I push him he may just choose not to renew the lease. None are great options.
  3. MrFloratam

PRV questions

What could it be?
  4. MrFloratam

PRV questions

1. The spigot is on the opposite side of the house so it would require a fair amount of piping to reach it (see #2 below). Also, the water hose is ridiculously powerful (I've already had several bursts/leaks in the hose) and I wouldn't mind a reduction in pressure - all I use it for is watering...
  5. MrFloratam

PRV questions

Small house, 1 full bathroom, 1 kitchen (no dishwasher), washer/dryer, 1 outdoor spigot. City water, no well. I've been having water pressure issues since I moved into this house. Water pressure is noticeably strong everywhere in the house. I've had to replace 2 water hoses and 1 sink sprayer -...
  6. MrFloratam

Motion Beam for Sprinklers

Hi everyone, I'm having an issue with many people letting their dogs pee and poop on my lawn. I have a beautiful lawn, dotted with brown spots where dogs have peed. I know that's what it is because I've been watching. Most people just leave the dog poop on the grass. The more dogs pee on my...
  7. MrFloratam

Solenoid Manual Control question

Anyone have anymore insight on this?
  8. MrFloratam

I'd considered the relay as well. It's really the best way to guarantee that the voltage won't go back to the controller. However if the controller won't be harmed then it's just extra work.
  9. MrFloratam

I was thinking of the remote idea. I can get a 120 volt plug in remote for pretty cheap, I would use this to control the 24 volt transformer that sends signal to the solenoid. I still need to know if supplying the solenoid with voltage (essentially back-feeding the controller with voltage) will...
  10. MrFloratam

No, but when I see dogs on my lawn I can't get to the controller fast enough. Yeah I've looked into those. It would mean buying one, then having to run an additional hose across the lawn. I'd rather just be able to turn on the the whole front yard with the push of a button.
  11. MrFloratam

I'd like to have a button in my living room that I can press to activate my front yard sprinkler zone. I'm tired of people letting their dogs poop in my yard and this is the easiest way to chase them off. After finding that the remote setup for my Rainbird ESP-M controller is $500, I'm looking...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks