Search results

1. weekendmechanic

PEX tubing conversion

So I went to my water district today and found out that the 5/8 stamped on the meter only refers to the outside nut size used to connect the meter to the supply line. That meter is really a 1/2 inch meter (because of the tail fittings) but supports a 25gpm flow rate. (who knew..) I was...
  2. weekendmechanic

PEX tubing conversion

I definitely see myself ordering some bend supports and holders to keep it against the ceiling joists of my basement. I just ran into a situation though. I want to connect a 1" pex pipe from the 5/8 water main (male) until it gets to the manifold and then branch off from there to 3/4. (all for...
  3. weekendmechanic

PEX tubing conversion

Granted. I'm no stranger to e-to-the-bay and those are some good benefits, namely the inner diameter. If you do kink a pex-b though what are the potential consequences for not splicing the pipe? Also how do I determine the minimum turn radius for a pex-b? Trial and error perhaps? I remember...
  4. weekendmechanic

PEX tubing conversion

Reach4: My meter is 5/8 so in staying relevant to pex having smaller inner diameters I have decided to run 3/4 pex to mainly everything since the inner diameter is slightly larger than 5/8 copper and offers each fixture the most amount of water volume until the last second when the fixture...
  5. weekendmechanic

PEX tubing conversion

JustAHomeOwner: Sounds like I'll stick to 3/4 until the last minute. I also read those documents as well as your previous posts about pex and their fittings and that opened a can of worms with me. I'm very suspicious of compression fittings, even more since cash-acme compression fittings...
  6. weekendmechanic

PEX tubing conversion

Hello everyone, I currently have 1/2 inch copper pipe run throughout my house but after 60-something years of use it's beginning to show it's age (pinholes and whatnot). I have decided to switch to PEX and had a few questions about it: I have a 3/4 line coming into my basement which then...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks