Search results

1. birkie

what should i do? wells and septic

One way to interpret this is that you're going to potentially buy the place first with cash as is, then evaluate whether the well and septic work afterwards - knowing they they may or may not work, and willing to write them off as necessary (but also willing to be pleasantly surprised). If...
  2. birkie

CSV , oversized pump/undersized tank, and other considerations

OK, so I hooked up the pressure tank to the valve apparatus. Everything seems happy so far. One thing I noticed is that the amp draw only drops by about 18% when trickling through 1gpm vs running at full bore (i.e. it drops too just under 7A, vs 8.5A). Is that typical, or may I be running on...
  3. birkie

Fascinating. Does that condition have a name (where the pump is able to surge and still deliver water)? Can the cycle sensor detect that condition (i.e. look for oscillating or unsteady amp draw)?
  4. birkie

Thanks - your insight is quite helpful. "one-leg man in a butt-kicking contest" - I'll have to remember that one! The pressure gauge was reading a steady 50 psi while the pump was putting out 15 gpm. That's what made me think it was a 15 gpm pump. This was actually achieved just by...
  5. birkie

Hm, I was just thinking - how would 'dry' condition detection interact with pump protection (e.g. cycle sensor)/ 'dry' in this case means the well is still producing 6gpm, only that the pump is trying to draw water faster than that rate when the water level is at the pump's inlet. If you...
  6. birkie

Thank you very much, this was quite helpfu! I have been unable to find any records on the well, but did do some measurements related to current draw and flow characteristics. Here's what I found: so far The pump can supply a steady 14-15 GPM at 50 psi. The well runs 'dry' (lower...
  7. birkie

Hi all, This is my first post. We recently bought a fixer-upper that had been vacant for a few years (short sale), and were pleased to discover that the well pump works (submersible, size unknown), and the water is of good quality. It currently has an AO Smith V60 20 gallon bladder tank...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks