Search results

1. DMY

Are my downspout outlets plumbed correctly ?

I have three downspouts which drain into the same outlet. It doesn't look right to me. Could someone comment before I call my local plumber to get a quote ? picture attached. thanks, D
  2. DMY

Is my downspout drains plumbed correctly ?

I have three downspouts which drain into the same outlet. It doesn't look right to me. Could someone comment before I call my local plumber to get a quote ? picture attached. thanks, D
  3. DMY

Rebuilding the spindle and gate on a soldered gate valve

The handle and spindle on my gate valve just spins and spins. So I'm thinking the spindle has become detached from the gate. I'd like to just rebuild the spindle and gate components of this gate valve as it is in a difficult to reach location- making it impossible for me to replace the whole...
  4. DMY

Any REcommendations for a Shallow Pit Sump Pump

My existing pump "Little Giant" model 5-asp 1/6 hp is over 20 years old and I am shopping for a replacement. I would just replace with the same model as it would work in my shallow pit, except I am seeing complaints that quality has significantly gone down. I see that the Zoeller M-53 and the...
  5. DMY

Searching for Shallow Depth Sump Pump

My existing pump "Little Giant" model 5-asp 1/6 hp is over 20 years old and I am shopping for a replacement. I would just replace with the same model as it would work in my shallow pit, except I am seeing complaints that quality has significantly gone down. I see that the Zoeller M-53 and the...
  6. DMY

Heat Pump causing Erratic Water Usage/Billing ?

Unfortunately, my daughter does not have access to the meter - it’s behind a locked door. Also, her apartment is on the 12th floor of an apartment building - there is no outside spigot. They checked their toilet to make sure it was not running..
  7. DMY

Heat Pump causing Erratic Water Usage/Billing ?

My daughter has been pulling her hair out trying to track down why her water bills are erratic. She lives in an 800 sq ft apt with her boyfriend and their water bills wildly fluctuated over the winter months from $40 to $120. Now that they have switched their unit to air conditioning, the...
  8. DMY

Flush valve seal deterioration due to bleach

I have replaced 3 fill valves in just a few years on my 3 Toto toilets. Wondering if this is because I use bleach to clean bowls ?
  9. DMY

Searching for Air Conditioner CAPACITOR

Ok, and how do I tell what kind of refrigerant it uses ? All I see on the internet refers to the date of manufacturing as the indicator... thanks
  10. DMY

the polarity doesn't matter with the SPP6 and yes, I'm sure I did NOT attach to the fan terminal.. thanks
  11. DMY

So, could the buzzing have come from the CONTACTOR ? can they make buzzing noise ?
  12. DMY

Well, now the buzzing has stopped. It started after I installed a SPP6 hard start capacitor yesterday. I tried to find the source of the buzzing with a wood dowel, touching the existing capacitor and the contactor. Really could not tell which was making the noise. Anyway - just trying to be...
  13. DMY

I have a Westinghouse branded air conditioner which I believe is actually built by Nordyne It is a FS3BD-060k model 13+SEER 5 ton unit. I am having some confusion finding a new capacitor for this unit - my capacitor just started making a loud buzzing noise. I did manage to find a parts list...
  14. DMY

Can Gate Valve be fixed or is it toast ?

Have a gate valve that turns on water to an outdoor spigot. I can't get it to turn on, no matter how many turns of the handle. In either direction, it just turns, turns and turns without opening or closing. NOW, is this gate valve junk ? any tricks to get it working ? what do you recommend...
  15. DMY

Converting Electric Box to a Standard Outlet

The box in the photo is 10 inches from my light and the only input into my 4 serially connected fluorescent fixtures. All the ballasts are failing so I'm ripping them all out and replacing with led bulbs. I can hardwire, or I can somehow wire in an outlet receptacle to accept a standard plug...
  16. DMY

Existing light is about 10 inches from this box and I can see how all 4 fluorescent lights are wired serially.
  17. DMY

thank you for your feedback. I can say that there are three switches in my kitchen that all control the power to these fluorescent lights. Pretty silly - a couple are 10 feet apart. I'll test
  18. DMY

I'm hoping this is just standard 110v/120v power in this box ? It is powering 4 fluorescent lights serially wired.
  19. DMY

I have an electrical junction box with a black, a white, and a ground wire (110v) which feeds a couple OLD fluorescent lights that are recessed in my kitchen. I'd like to convert this box to a standard outlet so that I can install a "plug and play" LED fixture. Can I just connect this wiring...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks