Search results

1. phughes200

Water heater sizing help

I need to replace my water heater and an trying to decide what size I need. Three bath house with two people, no children. Rarely run more than one thing at a time. But, we have a jetted tub. The tub holds a minimum of 57 gallons and a maximum 95 gallons according to the spec sheet. I assume...
  2. phughes200

Well casing bonding

I had a 405' a 6" well drilled last week set 25' from the house. The casing is unscreened steel and is 64' set 10' into rock. The pump is 3/4 set at 240'. The electrical supply is 12/2. The water supply is PEX. Does the well casing have to be bonded to the equipment ground?
  3. phughes200

Bonding a new water supply line

When my new well was drilled, the new PEX water supply line enters the crawlspace at the other end of the house than the old copper supply. This line was connected to the existing plumbing by installing a “T†in the existing supply line about 10' from where the old supply line entered the...
  4. phughes200

Bonding question for new water supply line

Not sure where to post this. When my new well was drilled, the new PEX water supply line enters the crawlspace at the other end of the house than the old copper supply. This line was connected to the existing plumbing by installing a “T” in the existing supply line about 10' from where the...
  5. phughes200

Acid Neutralizer Questions

I would like to install a acid neutralizer. I have read the posts here about backflushing vers non-backflushing systems. I understand that backflushing would probally be the better choice. Having said that, I am leaning toward a non backflushing. Installing a drain will cause my daughter...
  6. phughes200

Acid Neutralizer drain/vent help needed

My water has a PH of 6. Any feel for how long it takes timewise for problems to occcur. The pipes are about 5 years old. I would like to add an acid neutralizer since I have copper pipes. Unfortunately, the only place I have room for it would be in a closet under the stairs where my HW heater is...
  7. phughes200

New well installation questions

It looks like I need to replace my well with a deep (200' +) well. I have some basic questions. The well will be in NC where the temperatures are moderate wih little snowfall. 1) The quotes I am getting call for a 20 gallon tank. Is this adequate? This is for a three bedroom, three bath...
  8. phughes200

Need well driller advice

In a previous post you convince me that I need a new well to replace my current well. I am in NC. After talking to several well drillers, it appears that I am totally responsible for any mess they make. Basically they drill, trench and leave. My question is what is the consistency of the...
  9. phughes200

2 inch well problems

I am having issues with my well. It is a two inch well that is approximately 35 feet deep and has a jet pump. The well was drilled in 1965. The well head is buried. I have been told by the previous owner that the foot valve and well pipe were replaced sometime around 2007. I suspect that the...
  10. phughes200

Do I have a leak?

I opened up a wall up today and exposed the cast iron waste line. At the joint of two sections, it appears discolored both above and below the union. The area was slightly gummy. When misted with water, the water beads up on the dark stain. If I mist the lightly rusted area the water is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks