Search results

1. MidAtlantic

Bathroom remodel: underfloor heating and related decisions

I've actually changed my mind: I think a small bit of electric underfloor heating is the best choice for my sanity, as it's the water heating which is making my plans so complicated. I'm planning to add a heated towel rail, so the underfloor only needs to be auxilliary/nice for the toes. Thanks...
  2. MidAtlantic

Duly noted about the toilet - thank you. I assume that's because it could do bad things to the wax ring seal and no-one wants a leaky toilet...? As I've said, I'm no expert, but isn't that quite inefficient? My understanding is that you end up paying to heat the joist space. If I'm wrong...
  3. MidAtlantic

Thanks Jim! This is definitely food for thought. In fact, since reading this and having a discussion with one or two people, I think there are two important things to change here: #1 is we're going to forget about underfloor water heating. I know I said I was fairly set on it, but when I...
  4. MidAtlantic

Hope this is the right section of the forum for this fairly wide-ranging question. Also hope that this long essay doesn't put everyone off reading my post :p Edit: please note that based on what people here are saying and some other discussions I've had offline, I've already changed my mind...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks