Search results

1. melman

Any body have opinioins of AS Cadet III? Flush capacity wash down reliability etc?

OK, I guess not. They installed easily and are working fine so far.
  2. melman

Any body have opinioins of AS Cadet III? Flush capacity wash down reliability etc?

Are there any specifics that you've noticed in the quality level of the Pro version (I've seen comments here that maybe the big-box stores get the quality rejects off the production line). The part numbers are different for both the bowl and the tank so they are actually different designs? Or...
  3. melman

I just bought two AS Cadet Pro's from the local supply house to replace my 1993 Crane's which came with the house (one of the tanks spontaneously cracked the other night, I have no idea why, and thank God I was home at the time). I pulled all the part numbers and spec sheets for the Cadet's...
  4. melman

Diagnosing leaking toilet

All done. Korky overflow tube was leaking at the joint below the arrow in the picture. Hope this helps someone...
  5. melman

Well it's almost a week later and the water level did indeed stop at the level in my picture. Bought a full kit at the plumbing supply (Fluidmaster PRO45K), will put it in over the weekend. This kit has a flapper with an adjustable float.
  6. melman

But Terry, what if the leak is not in any of those places. Maybe it's under the gasket that's between the flush valve body and the inside of the tank. Underneath the tank, the sponge ring should be sealing up pretty tightly, since it's 2 inches of foam compressed down to 1/4 inch. If that's...
  7. melman

After 4 days, I think the water level has stabilized at about the level shown below. Will wait a couple more days to be sure. This is getting a little baffling. I suppose the tube could have a pinhole at that level. Could the leak be at the gasket under the flush valve, and the remaining...
  8. melman

D'oh! Of course.
  9. melman

Yesterday, I put coloring in the tank. Since then, it's leaked down about 1.5 inches. The bowl water is colored, but the bowl is bone dry above the water line, no tracks of where the leaking water came in. It's that slow. I'll let it drain all the way down again and see where it stops.
  10. melman

Those parts are over 20 years old. For sure, if I took them out of the old tank and moved them, I'd either break them or they wouldn't seal. If I have to take the tank off again, I'll put in new everything. And on the topic of "new everything" and flappers and such. My old stuff had a fill...
  11. melman

I recently replaced the tank on a 1993-ish Crane toilet. (My tank was cracked at the handle opening, and a neighbor was replacing his old toilets, same model, so I salvaged his old tank.) The new-to-me tank has a full Korky rebuild kit (from Lowes) in it. Not sure why he replaced the original...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks