Search results

1. ww_in_idaho

New tub install questions

Thanks Terry. Is there a technical need to fir out the back wall (long axis) to align the drain to the spout? To my eye it would not be a problem but I've never installed a tub before either. Thanks, Wayne
  2. ww_in_idaho

Adding a couple more questions I came up with a couple more questions to add to the above previous two. 3. Is it a big deal to have misalignment of the tub spout and shower head with the waste and overflow or is the 1/2-3/4" offset okay? See the plumb line from the spot position. 4. Does...
  3. ww_in_idaho

Kenmore dishwasher

Hi All, I'm not sure what forum category this question fits into. We have a Kenmore dishwasher (less than a year old). So far we are happy with it. My wife noticed that when she removes the food filter cartridge to clean it, there is water standing in the bottom where the filter is located...
  4. ww_in_idaho

tub rough in question Hey All, The tub showed up, but unfortunately it was damaged in shipping. One of the feet that it sits on is broken and I don't trust it to not crack eventually in that location. While I wait for the replacement tub I can work on getting the rough-in ready for the new...
  5. ww_in_idaho

Thinset Hi John, Thanks for the warning. I must have read it somewhere on the internet to use thinset, and I would have it on hand for the tile job. Now that you raised the issue, would it be okay to use Quikrete sand mix concrete from HD? For your previous questions. I hadn't planned...
  6. ww_in_idaho

The old waste and overflow is in place as an example, I will buy a new one for the install. The drain trap will not move more than 3/8â€. So, It looks like a will have to move the trap over 3/4" toward the back wall. I was thinking I would cut back some more floor (red line) then cut the...
  7. ww_in_idaho

Terry, Thanks for the feedback. We decided on the Sterling by Kohler All Pro 60" x 30" Bathtub. And I have a some questions. While I'm waiting for it to arrive I wanted to make sure the plumbing and the rough in was good to go. In looking at the tub's instructions... 1. The 61041110...
  8. ww_in_idaho

Tub advise Thanks for the response Terry. I measured the distance to the closet flange and it is 47" to the center from the bare studs. I'm leaning toward the Sterling by Kohler All Pro 60" x 30" Bathtub. Does anyone have any experience with that tub? I have no preference other than I can buy...
  9. ww_in_idaho

Hello, Great forum. I have been working through remodeling a galley style bathroom built in 1979. I removed the cast iron tub and will be replacing it with another tub (maybe acrylic). I failed to measure the previous tub and now I see 30" or 32" are the common sizes. Below is a picture...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks