Search results

1. drunkstreetbum

Water Treatment Options - High pH & Alkalinity

I just updated the top post with the official test results. It looks like there could be colloidal clay which is causing the turbidity. I left some of the first water samples I took in water bottles for several weeks to see if they would "settle out"...while there has been some settling, the...
  2. drunkstreetbum

I would be concerned with Calcium scale, from the carbonate. You're correct in that I don't know the depth of the well pump itself; Due to the high recovery and production, the depth of the well, and the surrounding properties, I assume the pump is set a few feet off the bottom. ~ 200'
  3. drunkstreetbum

Sitting for 8 years; it's a 12yr old pump and was used during the first homeowners stay the first 4 years. It's been turned on at least a few times the last 8 years, but infrequently at best and likely only for water tests done during inspections.
  4. drunkstreetbum

6" Casing, 6" well bore. Definitely fed along the stratum; well test indicates different gpm at difference depths. Most wells in this part of NY are rock bores, and do not feed from the bottom, but along their entire length. Since it's shale, there are many many layers! The higher pH is of...
  5. drunkstreetbum

No hot water yet; I have not connected anything until I get the treatment settled (or until we move in) whichever is first! I have looked into using a sludge pump, but for 220 feet it seemed a costly and difficult setup to build! Since the sediment cleaned up for now, would it be OK to wait...
  6. drunkstreetbum

Hi all, We recently purchased a home that has been vacant for ~8 years, and the well has only been used a few times for water testing.The well is approximately 220 feet deep, with a 30' casing. Bedrock is approximately 8 feet (shale), where the static water level sits. At the time of drilling...
  7. drunkstreetbum

Plumbing Remodel & Bathroom Addition

Terry, Thanks for getting back to me! I will be adding an AAV when I eventually remodel the kitchen. Without tearing apart another room, I have no way of tying in a vent for the kitchen now. It is functions fine currently, and since it's existing, I don't believe I will need to take corrective...
  8. drunkstreetbum

I will be applying for a permit for this work on Monday. It's been a long delay! Can anyone answer my questions with regards to wet venting and the stack offset? The layout of my house does not allow me to do anything else with the space/layout besides this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  9. drunkstreetbum

Anyone able to help with this? Also, after reading through this forum a bit more I will be replacing the master bath toilet with a Toto Drake II!
  10. drunkstreetbum

Hi All, I want to add a third bathroom to my house as part of a second floor renovation. I have cast iron pipe throughout my house and will be ripping it out and replacing with PVC. Two bathrooms upstairs, a single bathroom on the first floor, and out to the septic in the basement. I have a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks