Search results

1. mangoManFT

Will air in recirc line cause pump to stop working?

There is a valve that I can turn off that will block the pump output from going back in the tank. I'm guessing my failure to close this valve when I drained the tank is the cause of my problem. There does not appear to be any tee with a purge valve, however.
  2. mangoManFT

Will air in recirc line cause pump to stop working?

So I tried to save a few bucks and partially drained my water heater to remove the sediment at the bottom. I have a hot water re-circulation pump underneath the water heater connected to a dedicated recirc line. Unfortunately, I did not close the valve between the water heater drain hose bib...
  3. mangoManFT

Sewage ejector pump intermittently trips GFCI breaker

Forgot to follow up on this thread. I ended up re-wiring the two outlets I had in my exterior box such that one is non-GFCI protected and the other is GFCI protected. I plugged the pump into the non-GFCI outlet and the alarm in the GFCI outlet, and all seems well. Before, both outlets were...
  4. mangoManFT

Thanks, I'll check that resistance. I also had thought about rewiring the outlet to make it non-GFCI, but the outlet is also outdoors, and to be to code it needs to be GFCI. [edit] Just re-read your post - yes wiring directly (no outlet) is possible, but not sure about code issues.
  5. mangoManFT

I have a Liberty sewage ejector pump outside my house. It is plugged into an outside GFCI outlet. Intermittently, the GFCI breaker trips and the pump doesn't run. If I reset the breaker, the pump runs again. There doesn't seem to be any particular event that triggers the breaker trips, as...
  6. mangoManFT

Need to protect gas shutoff valve from the elements?

Well, it is a Weber grill, so maybe it it'll only outlast the next 2-3 grills :) Thank you all for all the advice. I'll leave it as is this winter and see how it goes.
  7. mangoManFT

Here is a picture of the valve. I had asked at a hardware store if they sell covers for these valves but the guy didn't know of any. At the least I figured I could wrap it in aluminum foil.
  8. mangoManFT

I have a natural gas grill on my deck, and there is a gas shutoff valve outside, near the wall. The valve will be exposed to rain/snow/ice during the winter. Is there any need to shield the valve from the elements? My concern would be water freezing on the valve and making it difficult to...
  9. mangoManFT

Water Heater Discharge Tube Question

I'm in CA and recently had a new hot water heater professionally installed. At first the plumber had the discharge pipe empty into the pan, and the pan drained thru PVC to the outside. This did not pass inspection. The proper solution was to run another line to the outside made of copper...
  10. mangoManFT

Hot water at cold tap: questions about recirc pump, sprinklers, and check valves

All my sprinkler valves are anti-siphon...doesn't that achieve the same thing?
  11. mangoManFT

Demand pump or small HWT for far bathroom?

I have two D'MAND (Metlund) recirc pumps in my house. One uses a dedicated return and the other sits under the sink and uses the cold water for the return. I would recommend an insulated dedicated return if you can do it. If you use the D'MAND system, also run a control wire along with the...
  12. mangoManFT

Hot water at cold tap: questions about recirc pump, sprinklers, and check valves

Just wanted to report back in case anyone else also ends up with this situation. I ended up installing a zone valve (#2 in above post) and that solved the problem. The manufacturer supplied the install instructions. It was a bit of a chore connecting the zone valve to the pump's electronics...
  13. mangoManFT

Thanks hj. I did install the check valve, and your suspicion is correct: it is ineffective. I don't know if there is a thermostatic check valve in the pump. The pump stops running once it detects a rise in water temp. so there is some sort of temp sensor, but apparently water can still be...
  14. mangoManFT

Well, no replies so far; not sure if I'm asking too stupid questions, or if I violated forum etiquette, or no one really knows the answers. Anyways, I tried installing a spring-loaded check valve on the cold water side of the pump, with the direction of the valve going away from the pump. It...
  15. mangoManFT

I recently had an under-sink Metlund D'mand hot water recirculation pump installed, using the cold water line as the return. Normally it works fine. However, I noticed that if I run my lawn sprinklers, I get hot water out of the cold tap, implying the hot water is being sucked through the pump...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks