Search results

1. thehausmaus

New shower - 1/2" supply; limited to 1/2" rough valve?

Thanks, our contractor indicated that it might not be to code to step from 1/2" to 3/4" so we were confused. I can usually find other people's posts with similar issues and am failing on this one, so we're wondering why he would say that. (Also trying to reach our plumber)
  2. thehausmaus

New shower - 1/2" supply; limited to 1/2" rough valve?

Hello folks, I appreciate all the information provided by this forum! We are adding a shower to our half bath and have been looking at a shower head + hand shower. We came across a set that has a thermostatic valve that is 3/4" and a pressure balanced valve that is 1/2". Our supply is 1/2"...
  3. thehausmaus

Tub Drain plunger separated from linkage, stuck in drain pipe

Just to update: We called a professional. The drain lever likely connected to a spring which connected to a plunger mechanism. Based on the age of everything (70 yro pipes), it likely disintegrated/disappeared/broke a long time ago. We were able to fix the drainage using a super plunger (sorry I...
  4. thehausmaus

The drain pipe looks the same and I do believe our system is a trip lever. Our drain lever (#3) rotates, does not move up and down. When we pulled off the lever and pulled out the linkage (#7?), it only had one threaded bar with a nut on it, no hook or eyelet at the end. We thought we could...
  5. thehausmaus

We did try this technique but were unsuccessful. Based on studying what other tub drains look like, we're not 100% sure that we have a crossbar on the top of it because we pulled out a threaded rod, with a nut, attached to the lever. It seems like the rod would thread into the stopper or into a...
  6. thehausmaus

Hello -- I am new to plumbing so please excuse any incorrect terminology. We have a tub that recently started draining slowly and now drains very slowly. I initially plunged which didn't help. I then went to use a snake and opened up the overflow. When I took out the tub stopper, I found...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks