Search results

1. akadmyster

Reduce 3" vent stack to 2" thru roof

You were a big help ... thanks so much for taking the time. Appreciate Terry's help also. The kitchen and one full bath is in the existing building with its own vents and should be good. I installed the new sewer lateral several years ago which is 3" but I believe I hooked it up to an existing...
  2. akadmyster

3 hours of drawings sure did help. Thanks for the advice. There is a 3rd toilet on the ground floor not shown in drawing. The vent line is shown. I would much rather do your option B and reduce the vent above the Tee to 2" (Area 2) since this is a cantilever area and is real tight. The...
  3. akadmyster

I re-did the drawing (now calling it Area 1). It is color coded to help identify specific areas. I moved the tub/shower drain downstream from the toilet vent. I don't understand .... "Either a 1 1/2" or 2" vent needs to connect to the 3" separately." I think you are talking about the 2"...
  4. akadmyster

See revised vent diagram below. 1. I can do the 3" vent all the way to the roof. 2. I will keep the 2" (ground floor) toilet vent all the way to the 3" main stack above the ceiling, 3. I take it your saying I have to run the ground level washer vent at least 42" above the 2nd floor level...
  5. akadmyster

OK ... lets see if this diagram is readable and makes sense. I have the 3" vent stack drawn all the way through the roof. I can reduce to two inches no problem above the 3" toilet drain junction or anywhere above that. That was my question. Just as easy to leave it a 3" all the way up...
  6. akadmyster

All I know is I pulled up California's Venting Code and nothing is said about it. I must be looking in the wrong place. I can do 3" all the way up if I had to.... that's what I'd like to find out. Dana
  7. akadmyster

Home owner/builder new construction vent question. California. I have a two story attached addition I am building. Does the 3" main stack have to continue through the roof or can I reduce it to 2". Main stack services a washing machine on the ground floor and one toilet, one double...
  8. akadmyster

Problem with test plug location

Yes .... wrong terminology. You are correct. Dana
  9. akadmyster

I think I hit the wrong reply button......so if this posts twice ... my apologies. I will go ahead and install it as per the "my preferred picture" with the wye below and the test tee on top which will give me proper lav drain installation. I appreciate your help and will most likely have a few...
  10. akadmyster

Yes ... the underground lines have already been tested and inspected. I'm not worried to much about isolating the system for testing .... its whether I am required to have a test plug at the stack base or is that just for ease of testing. If I can put an actual cleanout (not text plug as...
  11. akadmyster

I am an owner builder starting the installation of the DWV lines on a two story attached add-on that I am building. I know it is recommended (not sure about code) to have a text plug at the base of the stack to isolate the new dwv lines for testing. If I do that .... my 2" lav drain line...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks