Search results

1. MACABUS

Body jets

Check out this thread...https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/most-insane-plumbing-project-ever.62070/#post-459560
  2. MACABUS

Most insane shower ever?

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with your argument – even though you were once an engineer. A typical water main in a residential street is 8" – which can supply almost 1,000 GMP. Most high-end 3/4" thermostatic controls limit the shower hot/cold output to around 19 GMP. And that volume has...
  3. MACABUS

Most insane shower ever?

To all those who said that pressure loops don't make difference – here's a photo of Kohler Water Tiles with unequal pressure. The bottom fixture appears to have a much straighter stream – perhaps this is closer to where the source pipe first connects before continuing to the next fixture.
  4. MACABUS

Most insane shower ever?

Thanks Terry, I'm really limited on options for heating the water – we're in an all-electric community and bringing gas into the property isn't cost efficient. Plus, the house design is not conducive to putting additional power lines in the laundry room for a tankless heater. So, I upgraded...
  5. MACABUS

Most insane shower ever?

This is my "retirement" house, so I wanted an extra special master bathroom – hence the spa shower experience. I emailed my original plumbing design without pressure loops to Kohler for input, and their lead engineer responded that I absolutely needed to have individual pressure loops –...
  6. MACABUS

Most insane shower ever?

Never sweated a pipe or laid tile before – so I decided to demo my master bath and build a 4' x 9' spa shower. Here's a photo of the plumbing layout for 6 Kohler Water Tiles – with triple pressure loops. And a photo of my progress so far. Also built a linear slot drain tapping into the...
  7. MACABUS

Most insane plumbing project ever?

Thanks WorthFlorida, Yes, I was quite obsessed about the whole drain situation. As I've heard many horror stories about "showers gone wrong." My goal was to create a custom linear drain with a nearly "invisible" slot at the shower wall – with a full 18 gallons per minute flow that this...
  8. MACABUS

Thanks for your input"hj". Actually, I spoke with an engineer at Kohler about balancing loops and showed him a schematic of my spa shower – he was 100% sure that I would have problems without them in a multiple WaterTile installation. There are several videos on YouTube that show the...
  9. MACABUS

Well, I only have a 100 sq. ft. master bath, and decided to make the redo as great as it could be. 12x24 Vein-cut travertine on walls and floor, top of the line Kohler fixtures, and my elbow grease for the plumbing work. Plus, I got all fixtures and premium tile at cost, so my response to you...
  10. MACABUS

Thanks for your input "fullysprinklered". I was so completely obsessed with horror stories of plumbers who hated installing these WaterTiles that I fabricated a sample of my travertine tile and cement board with a layer of Kerdi and thinset – then measured the installed fixtures at least 5...
  11. MACABUS

For my first DIY plumbing job ever, I decided to install a spa shower with 6 Kohler WaterTiles, rainfall head and handheld – all with separate valves and three separate pressure loops. Just finished sweating it all together – and no leaks! Check out the photos and let me know if you think this...
  12. MACABUS

Cold supply from 1" and hot from 3/4" to feed a large spa shower?

Thanks for that. The Kohler valve has an output of 14.5 GPM on the top and 17.2 on the bottom. I was thinking of running the rainshower head and top two WaterTiles from the lower supply AND the other fixtures from the top – for maximum volume. I talked to Kohler about this and they said no...
  13. MACABUS

I've heard mixed reviews about balancing loops. Kohler recommends them, but I may do without. Another question for you: Would it be advisable to feed off the lower outlet of the thermostatic stack valve and pipe back up to a 1" tee line that would feed each of the 3/4 volume controls?
  14. MACABUS

Point taken. Unfortunately, I don't have the space for a larger tank, and it would be prohibitively expensive to re-wire the laundry room for a tankless heater. On the bright side, I live in Phoenix and the source water is lukewarm most of the year.
  15. MACABUS

Thanks Terry. I'm using a GE SmartWater electric 50 gal. water heater. It's 20' from the shower and on the same floor. If you don't mind, I would really appreciate your input on the attached schematic.
  16. MACABUS

I'm plumbing a large spa shower that has 3/4" supply lines. The 1" main comes into the house through the bathroom wall, and I'm wondering if there would be an advantage to tapping into it for the cold supply. Would this create more overall volume for the shower fixtures? Could it cause any...
  17. MACABUS

Pressure Balancing Loop - Need Advice on the Schematic

Hi all, longtime reader – first time poster here. I'm installing a spa shower with 6 Kohler WaterTiles – 4 flat and 2 angled. Plus a rainfall showerhead and hand sprayer. My question is whether the K728 diverter will deliver a balanced flow to both pressure loops when in "split" mode...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks