Search results

1. whackit

Taco 5000 male union size/substitute?

Hi Gang, I have a situation where I need to troubleshoot about a dozen Taco 5000 series mixing valves. They all have sweat unions so I’m lookin to make a bypass and a plug so I can run the setups without the mixing valves (bypass the tank hot to supply hot and plug mixing cold inlet). Does...
  2. whackit

Expansion tank dead end?

i just got flagged by an inspector (new guy in neighborhood) for having an expansion tank on a dead end line. It’s tee’d off the cold water supply to water heater and on a 2’ long dead end leg. Given the parameters (small room, big tank, location of backflow valve etc) there is really no other...
  3. whackit

Ordering TOTO toilets... part numbers?

I am a little confused. My supplier (ferguson) doesn't really deal in TOTO that much and I don't do a ton of TOTO toilets. I do get a very good discount there so would like to use them. He is saying that all the bowls are now 1.0gpf and you just use a 1.28gpf tank if that's what you want. I...
  4. whackit

3/8 or 1/2 supply angle stops... what do you use?

So I have always installed 3/8 angle stops.. no particular reason. I recently had a job with an, um, 'particular' customer. He made me swap out all of the 3/8 stops for 1/2 inch ones and told me 'nobody uses 3/8 anymore'. I explained that the lines are the same size etc but he had to have his...
  5. whackit

California (la) Plumbers. Service Entrance Pressure Relief?

hello. Need an answer fairly quickly. I'm getting mixed opinions on whether I need to place a pressure relief valve (like a water heater one) at a service entrance or not. I'm getting some yes and some no. Nobody can give me a straight answer and can't get anyone at code desk on the phone...
  6. whackit

Washer standpipe directly to lift pump package?

I have a situation where I need to install a lift pump to get washer drainage up from a basement. I can't get a laundry sink near the washer and was wondering if anyone has gone straight into a mini pump package? Something like a liberty 405. It seems like the specs will handle a washer.
  7. whackit

San T on it's back for cleanout?

I have a situation where I am installing a main line beneath a driveway. Due to some shale etc the line is just beneath the concrete. I need to install a mid line cleanout (over 100' to next one) and I don't have room to get a combo under there. I don't really want to use a test tee but I guess...
  8. whackit

PVC for pressure relief drain?

Hi Gang, I need to install a steam bath generator in a 3rd floor attic. It has a TP valve and a drain pan I need to run to the exterior. Because of a strange location and complex interior layout it's about 80' before I can daylight this line. I would rather just do it in PVC to save the owner...
  9. whackit

Second floor supply loop routing... Help solve brotherly quarrel.

Okay, Multi part story here. But I'll give you the gist of it. I am helping my brother replumb his house. We are using copper because we like it better than pex and the labor is free... The supply is designed around a 3/4 hot water loop. I can either locate it so the trunk runs through the...
  10. whackit

Combining vents. Please proof my layout.

Hi All. I am designing my vent system and want to have a single roof exit. Here is how it all lays out. I know I have 4" in and 4" out but just wanted to make sure everything else was okay in the middle that was combined. Assume everything else is correct (level over flood rim etc). Thanks!
  11. whackit

Custom order kohler tub with no non slip?

I have a customer who has a real hate on for non slip cast iron tubs. She likes the kohler designs but my dealer says that it can't be ordered without the non skid. I have heard of it being done, just wondering if anybody has experience here? If not any good brands of drop in cast iron tubs to...
  12. whackit

Passive recirculation loop with mixing valve at heater?

Hi All, I'm remodeling my home and am planning on designing the supply around a passive recirculation loop. I have one in my house now and it works great. The new home meets the requirements (water heater at lowest point). My question is this, we are planning on using a high efficiency gas...
  13. whackit

Unique island vent situation

I have a pretty unique situation for an island vent. I'm pretty hemmed in with structure and have only one way to really do it. Here is the rough layout (obviously not including vent extension and not to true scale). Basically I just kept the vent line draining and moved the vent connection from...
  14. whackit

Proof my bathroom run pretty please.

After several posts in which it was kindly pointed out that I knew nothing I have sent several days buried in the code book and various other resource and think I finally have a working understanding of venting (I hope). I thank you all in advance for your invaluable help and advice. Just to...
  15. whackit

Is this correct? Shower after toilet?

Hi folks, Just proofing my work before I install. My main question here is if the shower downstream from the toilet is okay. It will connect via a wye directly to the stacks T. I'm not sure if those 2" count as wet venting or not. Thanks
  16. whackit

Proof my layout before i cut the slab please!

Need to cut into my slab to add a laundry and bath. Can you please look at this and make sure it is okay before i spend the next day sledging out concrete? (ignore double images they are the same except i corrected vent on washer to correct side of trap) Cant delete other one for some reason...
  17. whackit

Stumped on venting situation

Hello all, long time lurker with my first post. I have a situation I have never run into. I can't figure out how to vent. Corner bath with 7' windows on either side. There are structural steel posts at the ends of each window that I can't penetrate. How do I vent this situation? It's a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks