Search results

1. dtms

Venting question - 2nd floor bathroom

Yes, that's what i was asking. Thank you again!
  2. dtms

Wayne, Where the red 3" line comes into the 3" vent line do i use a San Tee or a Y w/ 45? I've read a lot of posts about this topic but i'm still unsure. I bought a Y with a 45 but now i'm questioning if it should be a San tee.
  3. dtms

Wayne, Thank you so much for your detailed response. Its very helpful. The pipe in the pic is just the drain and vent for this floors fixtures so good there. Upon further research the town that i'm in now uses MUBEC (Maine Uniform Building and Energy Code) which is made up of a number of...
  4. dtms

Good morning. I'm finally getting around to this project and figured if I upload a pic it might help. The vent in the corner only serves this bathroom. Nothing else drains into it. It goes out the roof right at the slanted area so no attic space directly above. In the rear of the pic there will...
  5. dtms

OK. Thx. So if I don’t go the AAV route if the sink is vented as shown the shower and toilet dont need separate vents because the sink wet vent vents them both, correct?
  6. dtms

Thank you very much for the help! So to clarify I would only need to have the sink vented in this configuration and that would serve as the vent for the entire bathroom group correct? As an alternative since the shower is closer to the 3” vent would there be a way to vent the shower and have...
  7. dtms

Maine State Internal Plumbing Code. The Plumbers’ Examining Board adopted the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials Uniform Plumbing Code, 2015 edition, as the standard for plumbing installations in the State of Maine. The code may be purchased from:
  8. dtms

I have a 2nd floor bathroom in an older house that i'm remodeling. In the corner of the bathroom there is a 4" cast iron drain\vent that everything in that bathroom currently ties into. Currently there are no individual fixture vents. 2 questions: 1) are fixture vents necessary if the...
  9. dtms

Bathroom vanity supply lines under vanity?

I have an odd situation and am not sure how to handle. I'm an amateur so any help is appreciated. I'm installing a vanity in a corner. The wall is on the left of the vanity and the toilet is on the right. Both the rear wall and the left side wall have giant beams below the stud cavities. I don't...
  10. dtms

Bathtub venting

I think I understand. So run the p trap and the arm over towards the back bathtub wall so when i come off the arm with the wye i can basically go straight up into the wall. Is that the idea?
  11. dtms

Bathtub venting

Thanks for the advice Jim. I live in MA but this is a vacation home in ME i'm working on. So you are saying i would need to come straight up from the arm thru the floor and then i can go horizontal over to the wall. Is there a better option that i'm missing?
  12. dtms

Bathtub venting

Thanks for the reply. So does the wye have to go straight up or can it go more towards the back wall of the tub as long as that piece between the wye and the 90 going up into the wall is pitched. Is this a common way of venting tubs or is there a more common way that i'm missing?
  13. dtms

Bathtub venting

I need to run my trap arm from the p trap to the main drain under the tub so it runs parrallel to the tub (looking at tub, tub drain is on left and main line i'm draining into is on the right running perpendicular to the tub). Can i attach a vent in the trap arm with a 45 wye say 3' from the p...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks