Search results

1. wantonsoup

Regular salt or Iron Out?

That's what I've got - Stenner pump and it goes into 40 gal retention tank. And I've got the pump dialed up to 7 or 8 (out of 10) too.
  2. wantonsoup

Regular salt or Iron Out?

I have a bleach injection system, then a Centaur carbon and finally a softener. I've got some iron and am getting significant orange staining in my toilets this year - would Iron Out salt make this better or worse? Or should I just have my salt recirc more often? What do you recommend?
  3. wantonsoup

Carbon filter, softener, and now bleach injection. Still have sulfur smell!

Two years ago we moved in and as we're on well water and the water was hard and had some iron too, we installed a Centaur carbon filter and a softener. We soon realized we had a sulfur problem, when running cold water after 20-30 seconds the faucets/showers would emit a strong sewery smell...
  4. wantonsoup

Can you convert 7000SXT from filtering to softener model?

I've got a filtering 7000SXT and need to replace it with a softener model so I can draw in solution. Can the models be converted or am I out $350 buying a new head unit? Thanks.
  5. wantonsoup

Convert Fleck 7000 Centaur carbon system to add chlorination / bleach injection?

I assume I could add the solution tank and setup programming on the Fleck. I just don't know where to buy it, what parts I'll need, and how to program it. :confused:
  6. wantonsoup

Convert Fleck 7000 Centaur carbon system to add chlorination / bleach injection?

After installing the Centaur system, that goes into a softener. Both use Fleck 7000. After about 6 months the water got progressively more stinky, sulfur smell. The iron level was low and there's no sludge in the toilet tanks (though there's a faint red line in the bowl at the water line)...
  7. wantonsoup

Need help with Fleck 7000SXT programming

I moved into a house serviced by a well a year ago, and after having tested the water it was moderately hard and had a little bit of iron, so we put in a softener and a Centaur carbon filter (filter first of course). Both use a Fleck 7000 head unit. But 6 months later we started getting the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks