Search results

1. AWeitzmann

Need help with this circuit.

We have 208v + 208V devices in school and also all the conduit and THHN i could ever want....not sure how it would get me past the whole switching the neutral part of it though.
  2. AWeitzmann

He never actually restricted me to using spst, not sure if this make a difference. Im going to start messing with other types of switches now but use whatever type of switch that would make it work with no code violations.
  3. AWeitzmann

Spst They are two spst switches in the diagram but as i thought about it he never actually restricted me to using any one type of switch. He plainly said that switch A controls light A and Switch B controls light B. I just assumed, one location and went for the spst. Not sure if this makes a...
  4. AWeitzmann

Never mind. NEC section 404.2(B) states: "Switches or circuit breakers shall NOT disconnect the grounded conductor of a circuit." I'm not any closer than I was and starting to think its not possible.
  5. AWeitzmann

They interact just as shown. Switch A controls light A and switch B controls light B. 14/2 between the lights and the device boxes and one and nothing but the one 14/3 running between device boxes. With the feed coming in through device box A. I have kept looking over it and I'm pretty sure I've...
  6. AWeitzmann

This circuit was given to me by an instructor at my school and I was told that it can be done with no code violations and with only what is shown on the circuit. I am fairly decent at wiring, which is why he threw this at me for a challenge. Ive looked over for a number of hours and i just cant...
  7. AWeitzmann

First there is a NM with 4 conductors it is called x/2/2, x/2/2. x representing whatever size wire you want. It has two of each conductor and a ground. Kinda of expensive but it sold at electrical supply stores. Second I am in Electrical School and since I powered through every other circuit...
  8. AWeitzmann

This circuit has stumped me and its driving me nuts. The main limitations are the placement of the feed, the fact that there can only be 3-wire between the two single pole switches and cables must be ran in only the manner they are shown. I know it is possible but cant figure it out.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks