Search results

1. Gib

Upstairs laundry

Because the house is from 61 and piping looks original doesn't mean things are wrong. So far I see that piping in powder room is ok. I can not wet vent where I from, your lav tie together the way it is, I would not suggest but in this case its not hurting. Some codes allow wet venting with...
  2. Gib

Upstairs laundry

Combination fitting incorrect in this application. I would like to know why. DIYer, I agree, there is nothing to tie into in your powder room. You need a separate 2" drain from below your powder room. If you want it done right.
  3. Gib

Stinky dishes, PLEASE HELP

the picture is upside down...
  4. Gib

Stinky dishes, PLEASE HELP

If you ran your hot water only out of faucets and their is no smell follow next suggestion. Disconnect dishwasher drain hose from food disposal. Cap food disposal outlet opening for dishwasher using hose clamp. 1-1/2" tubular pvc, slip, dishwasher branch tailpiece,(you need to buy) replaces...
  5. Gib

sink sewer gas with p trap

Your trap might not be vented. Hence the trap is losing its seal do to air movement in piping system.
  6. Gib

cast stack education

As a pro I would leave the vertical cast iron alone. If its not broke don't fix it. The pic of the inside of cast iron pipe looks good. The galvanize branches I agree with replacing. If your code allows PVC, use it. I do NOT recommend ABS. Substandard material in my opinion. Get yourself some...
  7. Gib

Cold water line running hot

Use your by-pass, meaning by-pass your booster pump. Check your cold water see if problem still exist. My suggestion is only for investigating purpose. Whatever you touch put back the way it is. I highly recommend having a plumber do this. If your not familiar with a booster pump set up please...
  8. Gib

Kitchen Sink Trap in Basement

Kitchen trap in basement needs to be removed and reconnect section of piping in the basement using 45 degree offset or 90 degree long sweep when going from vertical to horizontal or horizontal to horizontal. In the cabinet vertical pipe coming from basement, instead of a 1/4 bend(90) put in a...
  9. Gib

Looking for plumber in Chicago with ejector pit experience

Licensed chicago plumber I stumbled across this by accident. Anyway I see a lot of speculation going on. From what I gather you have a pit being utilized wrong. In Chicago you may have a sump pit for drain tile/subsoil drains, Nothing else. Sumps for residential do NOT have to be vented...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks