Search results

1. John_7951

High water table - will interior perimeter drain tile help?

This might be a question for a hydrostatic engineer, but I figured I'd start here. Bottom line - I have a high water table under my house. This is consistent with soil boring samples I had done a few years ago. I've opened up the concrete floor in the half basement and crawlspace slab to put in...
  2. John_7951

Can I move this DWV drain pipe for the upstairs lav like I want to?

I need to have this drain pipe moved out of the way to get some headroom back for a new bathroom. I'm planning to build this in my half-basement (former) family room (now gutted). Please see the attached photos. Is this ok per code? What is the best way? Should it go into a 2" pipe after the...
  3. John_7951

Half Basement Family Room and Bath - Planning and Rework

Hi, I'm in the planning stages for remodeling my family room in the half-basement. I want to create an in-law suite including a barrier free bathroom/shower and a furnace room. This is following a major renovation and room addition in the rest of the house. Following construction, the original...
  4. John_7951

10 Yr Old Kohler Taboret LAV Sink Faucet Acts Like Bad Pressure Balancer

I have a a 10 year old Kohler Taboret widespread sink faucet (K-8211) that behaves like it has a bad pressure balancer. Looking at the diagrams on the Kohler web site, I don't see anything that suggests the faucet even has a pressure balancer function. This is a sink valve not a shower valve...
  5. John_7951

Questions Replacing Clay Sump Basin and Drain Tile

This question has a long back story. I'll skip that for now and just ask my questions ..... I want to replace the vitreous clay tile sump pit that I have now with a larger diameter modern plastic basin. I am also replacing and reconnecting my perimeter drain tile from the exterior side of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks