Search results

1. Leah F.

Ease of installing toilet with concealed trapway

Thank you Breplum. I noticed that the bolt screws are low profile on the Kohler Highline concealed trapway toilet. Does that create any installation limitations in the case where the toilet flange is resting on the sub-floor instead of the finished floor?
  2. Leah F.

Ease of installing toilet with concealed trapway

Hi, I'm hoping to hear folks' opinions on concealed trapway toilets. Are there any difficulties on installation and maintenance for the concealed trapway configurations? Are they heavier? I am considering the Highline 2-piece elongated Kohler toilet (K-76301-0). If the only downside is that...
  3. Leah F.

Floor drain for softener

And less than 45 is okay too from the vent to the sewer? Is there a range from the vent to the sewer? Say 2 deg - 90 deg
  4. Leah F.

Floor drain for softener

In my case, since I have the opportunity, and as long as it is legal, I will drain to the public sewer to keep it out of the groundwater. If softeners ever become banned I will be very sad because my softener has saved my dishwasher. After our KitchenAid dishwasher caught fire, we replaced it...
  5. Leah F.

Floor drain for softener

Okay, then. I know this might sound obvious to the experts, but does it matter that the slope after the vent is over 45 degrees but less than 90 degrees?
  6. Leah F.

Floor drain for softener

Thank you! Cool! It's starting to look like a martini!
  7. Leah F.

Floor drain for softener

Thank you! Would it be correct to put the vent within 6 inches from the trap?
  8. Leah F.

Floor drain for softener

Reach4, Accessibility was suggested earlier, but not explained, so not being a plumber, I was trying to take that into consideration. Thank you for all the ideas and reminding me that if I raise the softener I will need to strap it. I am gravitating to the floor drain with clean out, but I...
  9. Leah F.

Floor drain for softener

Sorry, I should clarify my above question. Is there a UPC configuration with the trap and pipe above ground but not tall like a stand pipe.
  10. Leah F.

Floor drain for softener

Thank you, but sorry, I meant with all the piping and trap above concrete?
  11. Leah F.

Floor drain for softener

At risk of getting too creative for a softener drain: are there any ideas of a UPC configuration that is accessible above ground like cacher's suggestion of a stand pipe but short like a floor drain?
  12. Leah F.

Floor drain for softener

Reach4, thank you for the photo of a floor drain--a picture is worth a thousand words. What is the difference between a really short stand pipe and a floor drain?
  13. Leah F.

Floor drain for softener

I, too, noticed how close it is to the surface and how awkward the wye is pointing straight up like that. I am hoping that with it being at the side of the house without the driveway it will be safe from cars. I am thinking of putting some landscape cap there to protect it from gardeners...
  14. Leah F.

Floor drain for softener

I agree. For a floor drain, is there a minimum distance required from the top of the drain to the trap weir?
  15. Leah F.

Floor drain for softener

cacher, yes, I see that Madison, WI is a balmy 19 degrees! I'm all for installing a standpipe and having accessibility. I have a few questions about that: 1 - since it is for a softener, does the stand pipe have to meet the minimum length requirements? I ask because I need the top of the stand...
  16. Leah F.

Floor drain for softener

Hello, I am planning to install a floor drain for a softener and wanted to run the drain set up by somebody. The softener is in an outdoor shed and the sewer line is around 6 feet from desired drain location, so I thought maybe I could tie (wrong word?) it into the sewer if it is according to...
  17. Leah F.

Floor drain for softener

Hello, I HAVE MOVED THIS THREAD TO THE GENERAL PLUMBING ADVICE SECTION.
  18. Leah F.

Questions on tub mortar setting and ledger board

Thanks for answering all my questions.
  19. Leah F.

Questions on tub mortar setting and ledger board

Thank you Jim. Now I know how to prevent shrinkage by not getting the mixture too wet, I'm all set--pardon the pun. Ha Ha!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks