Search results

1. whacka.thumb

Wax Rings Fall Off Horn

When I install a new toilet, about 60% of the time I put the wax ring on the horn, pick up the toilet to mount it to the flange, and plop, the wax ring falls off. Is there a secret plumbers trick to keeping the ring on the toilet long enough to get the toilet on the flange? Heat the horn...
  2. whacka.thumb

Move Outdoor Faucet

I have to replace a leaky sillcock. It is in a dumb place. The tap is close to a tread on deck stairs that run up the side of the house. The hose reel is on the outside of the stairs. Can I run copper from the side of the house under the stairs and put a tap at the end? I know I'd lose the...
  3. whacka.thumb

Chilly Finished Basement Needs Cold Return?

Our basement (in a raised ranch) is quite chilly in winter, and in the heavy a/c season. There is no cold air return in the basement, just upstairs. 1) is a cold return likely to help take the chill off in the basement? 2) assuming the return vent should be near floor level, can I route...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks