Search results

1. Fred Duggan

Considering Making My Detached Garage into a Studio...

Yes, I know it's allowed. I just am faced with a chicken/egg situation. I don't want to pay an architect if the construction will cost >$100k, but I can't get a good handle on the cost without getting an architect to draw it up.
  2. Fred Duggan

TOTO Neorest 500 toilet product review and comments. MS950CG

Is there any way for the AC wire to be hidden? I love how it looks, but I hate that it has a power chord coming out of it...
  3. Fred Duggan

A DADU (back yard cottage) must be less than (I think) 800 sq ft and must otherwise be up to code. I just wanted like a studio apartment, if you can find someone to build me one for $50k...I'll be your best friend!! Haha.
  4. Fred Duggan

Hi Terry - thanks for your response. We are neighbors...are you interested in giving me a quote for this job?
  5. Fred Duggan

Sorry - DADU is what the codes call backyard cottages. I would call it a mother-in-law, but I thought I'd use the fancy terminology from the Seattle DPD.
  6. Fred Duggan

Hello - I appreciate any direction any of you can give me...I'm a recent first-time homeowner, and trying to figure this stuff out on my own is not as easy as I expected. I will try to keep this brief... I have a detached garage, which is Cinder Block construction with a slab floor. It's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks