Search results

1. Gouranga

Security System is insane

Last night one of our glass break sensors started doing this extremely loud high pitched squeal, for 10 seconds every minute or so. After I got my heart rate back down to normal, I deactivated the system, it shut up, everyone was happy. So with the alarm deactivated, about 2 hours later this...
  2. Gouranga

Fence options

So pretty soon I am going to have to replace the fence along my back property line. The old one was not maintained by the previous owner and although I have put some good effort to limp it along, i think I got maybe 2 years left in it at most. it is a 6 foot wood privacy fence. It runs the...
  3. Gouranga

Utility lines

I got a chuckle out of this so I thought I would share. Our city recently decided they would need to dig out my ditch and my neighbors and regrade the whole setup. They really got a LOT more than they counted on. To begin with my one neighbor went insane at the thought of his front yard being...
  4. Gouranga

Site membership process

Terry, You may need to look into making your membership process a little more stringent. There are a couple schemes you could move to, to help you cut off these jugheads that are starting to spam the board.
  5. Gouranga

Little bugs

Now this is a wierd one I have JUST started trying to figure out. I have been noticing around my house within the past couple weeks I am seeing a lot of these very small (smaller than fleas) black bugs hangin out on the floors near A/C vents, baseboards, etc. In general they are all around the...
  6. Gouranga

Recommendations on tub replacement

hey everyone, I have been playing with the notion of replacing a 1 piece shower/tub we got in our main Bath room for a while with something MUCH deeper and possible with some type of jets in there. I have 2 problems I am facing. First of all, the bath room is not that big. It has no room to be...
  7. Gouranga

Professional References

Terry, I had another thought. With the huge geographical area represented in this board and the impressive level of experience in dIYers and professionals, I was thinking you could maybe generate some type of message thread or maybe something broken down by area (closest major city), etc...
  8. Gouranga

RV Remodel: Ceilings

Hey guys, I know I am stretching the limit on what we go over here but being how this place is full of folks not afraid to fix stuff on their own. I am curious, has anyone here every replaced part of a ceiling in a camper? I will be going down that road in a week or 2 and if there was anyone...
  9. Gouranga

User ratings

Terry, Just complete computer geek curiosity here. How does your site manage the user ratings (Junior Member, Member, Senior Member, etc) Is it purely by sheer number of posts, and/or time of membership (very common approach to sites), or is there actually someone rating folks based off quality...
  10. Gouranga

Funny Plumber tales

Alright, someone who does this professionally tell me if this is as funny as it sounded to me. I had a plumbing "situation" recently that needed to get done immediately and was a bit over my head. The ONLY guy I could get out there quick enough was the local roto-rooter guy. This kid, was scary...
  11. Gouranga

White Fungus?

I noticed last night I have a few spots in my yard where what looks like a white fungus is growing right on top of the soil. Anyone have any idea what it is, what causes it, and more importantly how to kill it?
  12. Gouranga

Paver wall

I have been a frequent user of the mortarless pavers in my yard. and I have had a lot of success with the stuff I have put out to date. I have a ditch at the bottom of my front yard that is quite steep. I really wanted to sort of terrace it off with some of these pavers however, I am concerned...
  13. Gouranga

Anyone else live on a hill

My front yard has been an absolute royal pain since I moved in. Been working on it every year, with limited success. It is on quite a steep hill and once was covered with some awesome bermuda grass. However, one year it all up and died on me and I have been struggling ever since. We are in the...
  14. Gouranga

Attic Insulation

I have a truss roof (2x4's) with blown in insulation in my attic. As I understand it, it should be a minimum of 8 inches and should NOT be compressed. The previous owner at this house put in some 1.2 inch plywood down the center line of the house on bottoms the 2x4 of the roof trusses...
  15. Gouranga

Lawn Care/Landscaping

Terry, This may be outside what you intend this board to cover but have you thought about adding a thread for lawn care/landscaping? I saw you had one for outside sprinkler systems, you do have a good user base here on the remodeling stuff so I thought maybe this would be a good time to...
  16. Gouranga

Flapper Chain driving me insane

Alright, this is simple but it is not. I have a toilet that is driving me insane. It did this with the original parts, continues to do it with the replacement kit. What happens is about 50% of the time when this thing flushes, the plastic chain that runs from the arm to the top of the flapper...
  17. Gouranga

WARNING!! Lowe's Replacement Stems

Hey everyone, this is not to slam a particular business but to warn my fellow DIYs. I recently had a cold water stem blow out on my Kohler shower setup. To be fair, I have replaced my fair share of these (including 4 others in this current house) and never had this problem before. So I figured...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks