Search results

1. Worried New Home Owner

Bathroom Door Hits Toilet, need a solution

Another creative solution! However, this is the powder room, off a hallway, but near to the entry and great room, so we definitely need a real door.
  2. Worried New Home Owner

I can't believe that California Building codes allow a major developer to build homes without at least one toilet accessible to a wheelchair. Seems to me it should be standard, but that waivers should be easily gotten with disclosure required. I have purchased one home build in 1945, and built...
  3. Worried New Home Owner

Oh my gosh, you guys are so wonderful! The idea of a french door and the swing clear hinge to allow for a more comfortable entry for a wheelchair is genius. The bi-fold door could work too, if it was also on hinges and could swing far enough. But since my mom can actually get in, and knowing I...
  4. Worried New Home Owner

The width of the bowl is the main issue. The arc of the door continues to get bigger past the point of contact. I can't figure out if the width of the tank really matters, because I can't predict accurately where that door really travels, but I'm thinking the narrower the better all the way...
  5. Worried New Home Owner

Thanks for all the ideas. We don't have room for a sliding door, the entry is at a 45 degree angle to the wall on either side. But, I've got good news! Yesterday I discovered that the chair will actually "scrape through" the existing opening if I angle it just right. I can probably sand down the...
  6. Worried New Home Owner

I need some help from a really creative mind. We just bought a new house, and I can't believe that we did not notice this: The powder room door hits the toilet bowl. If that isn't bad enough, it prevents the door from opening enough to admit my mothers wheelchair. The house was built in 2009 and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks