Search results

1. cmboudreaux

Cast Iron Pipe Scope Inspection Report

There are other offers on the house. In our market, houses only stay on the market for a few days. I was literally the first person to view this house after it was listed. My offer was in and accepted before they had time to put the "for sale" sign up. I'm not sure that I can still buy it at...
  2. cmboudreaux

Thank you for those suggestions. They wasn't much info on either plumber or pipe inspector on Angie's list, just a few positive reviews. The seller is having their own plumber take a look at it. I will feel better after having another opinion.
  3. cmboudreaux

Thank you all for your feedback. I feel slightly less paranoid and not so crazy now. Replies from experts such as yourselves help me to validate my concerns.
  4. cmboudreaux

That is a totally acceptable recommendation. Use thinner toilet paper instead of give me 20k and I'll replace everything now.
  5. cmboudreaux

Thank you for your reply. We have asked them to update the sewer lines per recommendation of inspector/plumber and provided them with the quotes and inspection reports. They have 72 hours to counter or accept/decline the deal. Apparently they are having their own plumber quote the job. We will...
  6. cmboudreaux

The inspectors and plumbers also expressed their surprise that cast iron was even used for this home. Apparently, this specific builder used cast iron on his properties during this same time. Does the inspection report look standard to you? I expected that more thorough information and evidence...
  7. cmboudreaux

My fiance was at the home during the inspection. I showed up at the very end when they were finishing up. I'm going to ask these questions to my fiance when he gets home in about an hour.
  8. cmboudreaux

We currently have a contract on a house to purchase. The house inspector found no plumbing issues whatsoever but was adamant that we have the cast iron drain pipes inspected with a scope. The house was built 30-40 years ago and the pipes run under the slab. The "pipe" inspector came out today...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks