Search results

1. esinc52

About to replace jet with submersible pump

I am about to install a submersible pump. The pump is 1/2 hp - 230v. I am planning on using a double pole 20amp breaker with12-2 wire (regular Romex from panel to pressure switch, UF from switch out to well casing, submersible from top of casing to pump). The wires coming out of my pump though...
  2. esinc52

Thanks so much for your help valveman and Craigpump. So I'm going to get a small jet pump with tank and pressure switch from harbor freight for 100 bucks to hook up to a water storage tank during this conversion. so after my temp water is hooked up I have a couple questions about hooking up...
  3. esinc52

Thanks for the reply. So that options out. What about hooking the storage tank up to the feed line for the house. Can I buy a cheap pump (not sure what I would need). And use my 30/50 switch? Would this work?
  4. esinc52

I think it is a convertible. But I'd rather not go that route. Which leads me to two other questions: 1) What if I were to run a piece of pipe between the in and out on the jet pump (instead of bolting the jet assembly between the two) Would this work. 2) is there any way to hook the...
  5. esinc52

Hi. Another question. I am going to be replacing this pump by myself. I would like to use a water storage tank to hook the existing supply system up to while I get the new submersible pump ready. The existing jet pump has 4 lines, two lines coming in, one going out to the house, and one...
  6. esinc52

Hi I just replaced my bladder tank and pressure switch. I had a 20/40 switch and the old pressure tank was full of water (bladder broken). I replaced the tank with a new 35 gallon pentair. I replaced the switch with a 30/50. I thought the new tank would allow me to get 50psi cut off...
  7. esinc52

Questions about programming new fleck 5600sxt softener

This pic is the salt grid. The water in the bottom is after the brine draw stage. Even before this stage the initial 5 gallons of water did not come above the salt grid plate. Not sure how enough salt will mix in with the water to form a saturated brine if most of it is sitting on top of the...
  8. esinc52

Thanks for the reply. The BLFC sticker says .5 Gpm. I will check it this weekend with gallon jugs and let you know what I find
  9. esinc52

Can anyone else way in on this? 5 gallons of water not coming up past the salt grid at the bottom of the resin tank. Anyone else familiar with this?
  10. esinc52

Thanks for replying. so it sounds like it's working the way it's supposed to. My next question is about adding salt. There is a plate with holes in it at the bottom of the brine tank (can't remember what it's called but it's to prevent salt bridge). When I added 5 gallons of water, for the...
  11. esinc52

Thanks for the reply. The water was clearly running through the hose at first. When I went back down there was air bubbles in the hose and the water clearly wasn't running through it By "it" I mean the fleck head where the brine tube hooks up I checked everything for leaks and none in...
  12. esinc52

Hi. I just programmed the controller and slowly took it out of bypass. I ran a manual regeneration cycle and have a couple more questions... The 1st BW (10 min) went ok. The second step BD (60 min) started ok. I went down with about 18 min left in the cycle. The BLFC wasn't getting any...
  13. esinc52

Oops I meant I'm going to do an 8 day override with a BF of 5 (not 6)
  14. esinc52

I guess I'm looking to strike a balance between both. I'd rather not have to monitor the hardness on a regular basis but I don't want the full 15 lbs of salt going into the septic once a week if I can avoid it. This stuff is confusing. An expert on the gardenweb forum told me I'm going to...
  15. esinc52

Thank you for the reply. I have 8% cross linked resin and a 1 cf tank. - Will 6 lbs of salt clean it (BF = 4) even with the iron? Should I go to 5 just to be safe? - What about the SF? Should I even use it (since I live alone I'm pretty sure the DO will trigger a regeneration before the...
  16. esinc52

Hi I am looking for some advice on programming my new fleck 5600sxt 32000 grain water softener. It is plumbed in right now on bypass and I was looking to program the control this weekend but am getting confused by a few steps My situation: 18 gpg hardness, 1.5 mgl iron. Which according to other...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks