Search results

1. Bannerman

Shallow well jet pump runs continuously only making 35psi on gauge with 30/50 switch

Was the ejector (and jet) replaced with the identical ones for that specific pump, or was the ejector and jet replaced with something 'close enough' that he/she happened to have in the truck?
  2. Bannerman

Water Softener Drainage Pump

That was the only image I could locate, showing an airgap device utilized for a softener drain which was discharged above the height of the softener, but below the floor deck of the level above.
  3. Bannerman

Rusty Water - Pump Placement?

You said you cleaned the well. Define the procedure. If chlorine had been added to the well, chlorine will oxidize dissolved iron (aka: Ferrous or clear water iron) often present in well water, converting it to a Ferric state (aka: red iron or rust). Suggest posting a recent full lab report...
  4. Bannerman

Water Softener Drainage Pump

Water softeners utilize water pressure to perform each regeneration procedure. Each regeneration procedure excluding Brine Fill, will result in water flow to drain. For drain water to flow some distance upward to drain, does not require a pump, but the vertical distance will be largely...
  5. Bannerman

Neutralizer after water softener and anion tank (nitrates)?

Anion resin should be exposed to as little hardness as possible. Usual treatment order: Acid Neutralizer > Softener > Anion filter. There is no 'over softening to compensate' as softeners are designed to remove hardness. Depending on the salt & capacity setting, the amount of typical hardness...
  6. Bannerman

Water softener (& size) vs Calcite to solve Manganese

I didn't state a softener will not remove manganese, but with only 3.5 gpg hardness, it seems hardness is not an issue so a softener seems unnecessary, especially when there is an iron/manganese reduction system already utilized. When using a softener to reduce low levels of iron or manganese...
  7. Bannerman

Water softener (& size) vs Calcite to solve Manganese

You didn't specify the size of Vortech tank that is currently being used for the Filox media. Although Filox is usually effective for catalyzing manganese, perhaps the 7.7 ppm iron is overwhelming the Filox, leaving little capacity remaining to remove the manganese. A softener is not an...
  8. Bannerman

Did I buy the wrong well pump?

The motor is cooled by the well water flowing over the exterior shell of the motor. When installed vertically, the motor is located at the bottom of the pump unit, below the pump's water inlet opening. When water enters the well casing above the pump, flowing downward into the water inlet...
  9. Bannerman

Trying to understand my well's water pressure

While technically correct, I haven't seen similar 'corrections' openly posted when Valveman has made the same statement in previous threads. A further technical clarification, a 4-gallon tank is not offered with the PK1A PSide-Kick kit, but a 4.5 gallon tank is.
  10. Bannerman

Need help with well water smell, tried many solutions with no solution yet.

The program cycles you specified for the 'iron filter', may also be utilized for an ion exchange system, similar to a softener. Much of Florida has a tannins problem, so often Anion resin is utilized. Is the softener's brine tank connected to both the softener and iron filter? If so, I...
  11. Bannerman

Trying to understand my well's water pressure

Hand washing usually occurs along with other water use activities such as toilet flushing, teeth brushing or meal prep. The average reduction for cycling is in consideration for all water water use activities. Your pump may now cycle 12 times during each shower, or 200 times while watering the...
  12. Bannerman

Well cycling

A submersible pump does not require priming. Because the pump is fully submerged, even while the pump is shut off, the pump and drop pipe will be filled with water up to the static water level within the well. Clarify this statement. Is your submersible supplying water to both your home and...
  13. Bannerman

Well cycling

Cycling reduces the lifespan of the pump, pressure tank, check valve, & pressure switch. An ON/Off cycle every 14-minutes, equals ~102 cycles per day. This amount of cycling would be concerning when water is actually being utilized, but is totally unnecessary when no water is needed. Until...
  14. Bannerman

Water Softener Drainage

I wouldn't want that type of discharge so close to my home's footings. Suggest checking with your local building department to determine discharge requirements.
  15. Bannerman

Tankless Venting Question

A gas burning appliance requires sufficient air for combustion, and as most residential tankless WHs consume as much as 199,000 BTU/hr, the combustion air requirement can be substantial. If the tankless unit is located within the home's conditioned space, unless provision is made to supply...
  16. Bannerman

CSV considerations for my old system

You're asking the inventor, manufacturer and distributor of the genuine 'Cycle Stop Valve', about the possibly of obtaining a copy-cat device, if one even exists?
  17. Bannerman

Descaling Navien NPE-240A with no shutoff for Recirculation line

Did you prime the pump & hoses? Pumps are not great at moving air, so the pump and hoses usually need to be manually filled with fluid before the pump is activated. The diagram below shows the recirculation flow path for the NPE-240A. Flow path with the 2-way valve set to internal circulation:
  18. Bannerman

Parallel 6kW tankless water heaters for shower?

6 kW @ 240 volts = 25 amps for each Verify the minimum flow rate required to activate each WH. With a parallel plumbing configuration, flow will be divided equally between both units. Most showers will utilize a mixture of both hot and cold water to achieve the desired temperature. If for...
  19. Bannerman

Helping my wife

The 26 gpg hardness setting, does not include compensation for iron or manganese or the capacity depleted during regeneration. As each 1 ppm of I or M will deplete ~85 ppm (5 gpg) of hardness capacity, with almost 1 ppm of I & M combined, the hardness setting should be further increased by 5...
  20. Bannerman

Helping my wife

That will occur when correct settings are utilized, which was the reason for requesting a list of the current settings (Capacity, Backwash, Brine Draw, Rapid Rinse & Brine Fill), Specify which injector is installed, and also include the BLFC flow rate, both of which will be usually specified...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks