Search results

1. mikesignal

Generator transfer switch for house

thanks again for the input I just don't understand why lockouts and transfer panels are sold and used that don't meet code standards. I like to do things right.
  2. mikesignal

thanks for everyones input
  3. mikesignal

I was referring to my original question about the correct manual transfer panel. In doing research after I posted, I found the thread about switching the neutral . obviously if I go with the furnace transfer switch there is no need to switch the neutral. :)
  4. mikesignal

I found this and copied it from an old thread on here: 445.1702.10(A)702.10(B)445.1702.10(A)702.10(B)445. 1702.11(A)702.11(B) GENERAL This category covers internal-combustion-engine-driven generators rated 15 kW or less, 250 V or less, which are provided only with receptacle outlets for the ac...
  5. mikesignal

That may be the route I go with. Just easier. The inspector never emailed me back and adding in a whole house tranfer panel may not be worth the cost and too much of a PITA. I actually have a panel with a walking beam disconnect on it that I was going to use, but I don't think the walking beam...
  6. mikesignal

I found this switch for the furnace. cheaper than a whole house transfer switch http://www.homedepot.com/p/Reliance-Controls-Furnace-Transfer-Switch-TF151/202216476
  7. mikesignal

yea, that would be nice too. Wouldn't draw hardly anything either.
  8. mikesignal

that is an easier solution. I guess I could get a 100' extenstion cord. It might reach. the furnace is in the attic (3rd floor). really all I'm looking to run is my refridgerator, furnace and microwave(800 watt). Lights would be a bonus (you know how women are) that isn't a necessity..... That'...
  9. mikesignal

having a "big" generator is really not necessary, at least in my opinion. My only concern to get a transfer panel is to run my gas furnace. I could see if you had a heat pump and need the watts to run it, but other than that I don't see a point in anything larger than 7k.
  10. mikesignal

thanks. I emailed the local building inspector. Hopefully he will respond.
  11. mikesignal

can anyone recommend a transfer switch for a portable generator? one that is legal and will pass inspection. I live in North Carolina. I have a ridgid 5700 watt--neutral bonded to the frame. thanks. http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/3e/3e28b066-2439-4d7a-bddc-bb19f99c6e8a.pdf
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks