Search results

1. jim dandy

50/30 pressure switch

Your first sentence is correct, but I think I already stated something along those lines. What ever I say here is said as a non professional plumber be it correct or not which I also think I previously mentioned here so let the reader take it for what ever its worth.
  2. jim dandy

Water Main Pressure Reducing Valve Clarification Please

Thank you for your comment. I don't think you understood some of what I question. I know PVC and CPVC don't mate up but you can make it up by using a threaded adaptor. I don't need a qualified plumber because it was a licensed plumber that put schedule 20 PVC from the water meter to the house...
  3. jim dandy

Thank you for your comment. I know for a fact that all the plumbing under the concrete slab is either CPVC or PVC, I have seen it but don't recall if it was CPVC or PVC, I think it may have been a mix of PVC & CPVC ???? I was present when the builders plumber hooked up the next door...
  4. jim dandy

50/30 pressure switch

I originally thought you were talking about a hot water heater and gave the wrong advice. What you say is confusing in that you say you have pressure but no water in the lines ????? First of all a well cut in cut out relay even though bought as new can be defective or one that was purchased...
  5. jim dandy

50/30 pressure switch

You are correct, I gave the wrong advise. I was thinking of a ET as used on a hot water heater.
  6. jim dandy

Yes I agree with what you say as I thought the same thing since a new correct PRV could end up costing around $300 if not more just for the PRV
  7. jim dandy

The main line pressure has spiked to a little over 70 psi over a 24 hour period of time. I am told the code here is 80 psi a regulator is required, still under I know. Although this house is only 8 years old it was not a quality built house and I am concerned with the water main piping under...
  8. jim dandy

Exterior water main is 3/4 inch PVC (not CPVC). Want to get the best volume of water flow through the valve as I can by using one of these two Watts Pressure Reducing Valves. Problem: Either I used the wrong valve to begin with (LF25AUB-Z3) or the valve is defective. There is no external...
  9. jim dandy

50/30 pressure switch

I stand corrected, I thought this was about an expansion tank as used in a hot water heater. You are correct.
  10. jim dandy

50/30 pressure switch

Error in my post..............my apology folks
  11. jim dandy

50/30 pressure switch

You have a few things going on here. Either the cut in cut out relay is defective or some one has been tinkering because it is way off adjustment. Both the cut in and cut out pressure settings are off plus the differential setting is off also. If you allow the well pump to keep cycling on and...
  12. jim dandy

50/30 pressure switch

Not a plumber but just my two cents...... Based on what you say, I say the switch is not adjusted correctly. 1st the cut out is set to low, it needs to be set to your desired cut out pressure say 50 psi. 2nd the differential in your case is 20 psi this is also adjustable. Set the cut out...
  13. jim dandy

Is this guy for real? How not to connect copper to galvanized

I am new to these forums and read your post and figured I would watch what you linked to :D Well I am not a plumber by trade. Built a few houses here and there and know enough about plumbing to get myself in trouble. I certainly would not want that guy doing plumbing work for me especially...
  14. jim dandy

Water Pressure Reducing Regulators

Thank you for the quick reply. I am not sure what type PVC was used under the slab or if it has any connections to it. I do know that schedule 20 PVC was used off the water meter up to the house (which I do not like). This house is located in Cascades World Golf Village Saint Augustine...
  15. jim dandy

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. Both jobs that use the LF25AUB-Z3 3/4 inch PRV failed and have ET's. The original PRV when new had a reduced water flow right from the beginning. The LF25AUB-Z3 PRV does have a bypass built in. These two houses are on a slab with PVC...
  16. jim dandy

2 years ago I installed two Watts # LF25AUB-Z3 3/4 inch water pressure reducing regulators on two different jobs. Recently I noticed that they both have problems. The water main inlet pressure is 61 lbs psi and spikes to around 70 psi. The regulator is set to 55 lbs psi. From the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks