Search results

1. nbarr7

Basement tile shower (drain) install - converting existing floor drain

Ok, so just as an update as to where we went with this (for better or for worse). We used a reciprocating hammer drill with a masonry bit to drill holes spaced approximately an inch or so apart on every side of the cast iron drain (except the side with the clean out plug - to avoid hitting the...
  2. nbarr7

House is circa 1972. 42 years old already, I guess...
  3. nbarr7

I don't own a demo hammer, but a local hardware store rents things of that nature. I'm sure it's possible to get one. Is there any way the p trap wouldn't run the same direction as the clean out plug? In other words, I have what I assume to be a cast iron version of this:
  4. nbarr7

I could leave the pre slope as long as the clamping drain extends high enough to accommodate the less severe slope of the new mud pan...
  5. nbarr7

I don't know the size of the drain line, unfortunately - it is original to this house (built in 1972 - in rural Minnesota. Standard 70's split) and appears to run directly towards the septic under the concrete floor (the main stack is further 'upstream' if you will). The 6" I refer to is merely...
  6. nbarr7

Thank you both for your replies - the floor drain does have a trap, and I believe it's already vented, though I've always been working under the assumption the drain needs to come out, yes. You're referring to a vent 6" higher than the flood rim of the highest fixture in the house, yes? At this...
  7. nbarr7

Redirected here from the johnbridge forums... Ok, I've found a lot of helpful information that is similar to my situation, but nothing that seems to quite match exactly, and rather than piece conflicting things together, I thought I would simply state my circumstances to see if I can get a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks