Search results

1. C

Installing pressure reducing valve DIY?

Guys, yesterday, my in-law unscrewed it and put more teflon tape on and screwed it back in. Everything is ok now, no leaking. We can finally close this project now. Thanks so much for everyone.
  2. C

Thanks, jk60. We were able to get the work done tonight. The PRV is the same one (both from Watts). Other than it leaked in the beginning and we had to unscrew one and put teflon tape again, everything went very well. The outlet water pressure now stays around 68. What a relief. Only thing...
  3. C

Thanks, Terry, for the info. I tend to try installing myself now, but I will keep your advice in mind. Very much appreciated it.
  4. C

Thanks, Jim. Interestingly enough, the house is 6 year old and you'd classify it "old", :D. Cheers,
  5. C

Thanks, Bob. The pressure is after the PRV (I tested it on the faucet outside the wall), so I believe it's "delivered" pressure (I don't quite know what the definition is). After we run the water, it drops down to about 60s. And as soon we turn it off, it comes back slowly back to 140 or so. So...
  6. C

Got a simple question (or so I wish?), is it easy to change the pressure reducing valve by myself? The plumper is asking for 275 while I found out the PRV at lowes for only 40 bucks. If it's easy, any special care I need to take? Any info is greatly appreciated!! A little background: my water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks