Search results

1. obama

How to use a basin wrench

one issue i also have is the claw never locks, so when i twist, the claw just gets larger and loses its grip on the nut. ??
  2. obama

kitchen faucet, hot water trickles, but cold water is gushing

So when i turn on normal or cold, water comes out fast. when turned to the left for hot water, its a trickle. thought the faucet head was the problem but friend says no, must be rocks in the hot water tube. either way i dip my faucet head in clr and will put back in tmrw. (btw, do i need to...
  3. obama

just broke my toilet trying to fix it :( overflowing => breaking the water fill valve

ah should have read this sooner. here's an update. got a triangular small hacksaw from a friend to work in the clearance. sawing away at the white plastic washer currently (takes a fkn long time!!) hopefully done tmrw. he also said if i just break the fill valve at its neck (thinnest point) i...
  4. obama

just broke my toilet trying to fix it :( overflowing => breaking the water fill valve

update for you all still failure i got a basin wrench and cant even use it because idk what the fk im doing. also, clearance still too small for basin wrench. the wrench itself either wont stay on the thin ass nut or i have no room to turn it (wrench hits the concave part of the cistern, or...
  5. obama

How to use a basin wrench

seriously i am a retard or what? i dont know how to use it. i cant tell which position to tighten and to untighten. and i cant tell if i am looking at a nut from underneath thats attached to the bottom of something, which way to twist to take it off. from bottom looking up, clockwise or...
  6. obama

yep really appreciate all the help from all of you :) so update: i sprayed wd40 in that damn thing last night and let it sit. tried twisting it with my hands real quick today but no go, just more slippery. dont think it worked :( will try again when i get home.
  7. obama

what is that called ^? i'll do that next time before breaking my lock and toilet
  8. obama

haha im just kidding i have 2 other toilets. im going to take a break but afterwards try a poking it with a screw to see if it loosens and bang it with a hammer. all i need is for it to be a tiny bit loose. also got a chisel just in case i get pissed.
  9. obama

i actually was using channel locks. do you mean use it vertically and just lock onto near opposite ends....? the cistern wlalls jut down a good 2 inches so theres no way in hell i can get anywhere close to the plane of nut. i did some googling, was hoping a ratchet thingy would work but theres...
  10. obama

thanks so much wjc!! i got the mpk, now tried to remove the old fill valve but it wont budge. i removed the water tubes and whatnot from the bottom, but i did notice there's a white mounting nut attached to the bottom of the cistern that prevents me from pulling the fill valve up. went to...
  11. obama

thanks, learned a lot here. ya question was just why mpk over mp as stated in the previous poster post. which then led to the Q, what should i pick if they dont have MPK? Home depot has a MCM or MCW but i'm unaware of what to look for in refill valves
  12. obama

appreciate it guys, will try this when i get home. what was the original problem: you guys said fill valve but any idea what was wrong with it? ^jadna mentions a seal was broken, not sure how a seal is involved in the fill valve, or having obstructions would prevent sealing. also, if i hadnt...
  13. obama

just broke my toilet trying to fix it :( overflowing => breaking the water fill valve my toilet cistern: power gravity by toto ok i don't know anything about toilets but here's the problem: toilet kept running in the cistern. if i flush and hold then let go, the fill valve runs and water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks