Search results

1. benbecker

Running Well Pump for Home Inspection

That's a good plan. I'll be sure to have a place identified.
  2. benbecker

Thanks for the input Cary. Yeah, I agree, the pump is on borrowed time. We have a pump replacement in the budget as my thought was the same as yours.
  3. benbecker

Hi Everyone, I'm in the process of buying a home and the inspections will take place within the next week. The home is vacant as the elderly lady living there had moved out. It was a retiree home with only two people living there since it was built in 2003. The septic system was pumped out...
  4. benbecker

Septic System Backup

I was able to confirm that the cleanout is in fact tied to the floor drain and condensate drain, as well as the main soil stack. I'll keep this thread updated when I find out the results from the drain tile. If the drain tile isn't connected, the only other options are: -The septic system...
  5. benbecker

Septic System Backup

That was my thinking, and I have a company with a jet cleaner and video equipment coming tomorrow to clean / video the drain tiles. The question is how the water is coming up through the sanitary pipe, or if those drains are really connected to the foundation drain and I'm confusing them for...
  6. benbecker

Septic System Backup

Hi All, I've recently had a septic backup into my basement utility room, of which the water was clear and had no smell, soap bubbles, or anything. The water had come up slowly through the cleanout which is level with the basement floor, as well as the air conditioning condensate drain, and a...
  7. benbecker

shark fittings

I would say that it is not overkill. The sharkbite fittings seal using a locking collet (metal) and a sealing o-ring. If the pipe has any sharp edges / rough surfaces, etc. it could damage the o-ring and cause it to not seal properly against the pipe surface. I say keep doing what you are...
  8. benbecker

Main Water Supply Shutoff - Standard Valve Type

Hello All, My name is Ben and I'm from Ohio. I've lurked on this blog for a few months now, finding various bits of information related to home renovations that I've been doing. My question is my main shut off valve for the incoming water line is a gate style valve, which has failed as the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks