Search results

1. mrjohneel

Changing 2-wire to 5-wire on my furnace

I have a two-wire line running from my 1-stage furnace with no cooling to my thermostat. I am upgrading my thermostat and it needs a C wire. Now, I know there are various ways of hooking up adapters, etc., to compensate for the missing C wire. I could even get another type of thermostat. But...
  2. mrjohneel

Can I turn the outflow side of a p-trap?

I want to sweat PVC for my kitchen sink rather than use the plastic kits at the box stores. Bear with me while I ask what could be a silly question. The component on the left of the p-trap in the photo goes to the waste pipe. The right of the trap goes to the sink's tailpipe. My only question...
  3. mrjohneel

Sizing for a new boiler in Watertown, MA

Hello, I'm one of the many trying to take advantage of National Grid's incentives to convert my 30-plus-year-old, forced-hot-water oil boiler to gas. My posting may be similar to others posted here but I'd appreciate any advice. My house is 1510 square feet, 2-story built in 1928. Last year, I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks