Search results

1. thisisfun

electronic ignition fireplace won't start when lights are on

Thanks for the idea hj. You are saying the circuit with the fireplace on it might be using the lighting circuit as a neutral, right? I just tested to see if there is continuity (with the power at the switches off and the breakers on) between the hot of the lighting and the hot of the fireplace...
  2. thisisfun

Why are the kitchen overhead lights on a different circuit? That's the way the house was wired. The kitchen lights have their own dedicated circuit. The light circuit is on the same leg as the circuit the fireplace is on.
  3. thisisfun

I have a Heat-N-Glo fireplace with a DSI electronic ignition module. The overhead lights are on a different circuit. When the lights are off, the fireplace will start without a problem. When the lights are on, the fireplace will not start, even though it is getting power. The DSI module...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks