Search results

1. bluecat

Sewer gas odor when basement shower is in use

Could you hazard a guess as to why, assuming something is amiss with the connections or seals somewhere, this problem only happens in warmer/damp weather? The warmer and wetter it is outside, the smellier it is. We've been putting off dealing with this issue because we were given a reprieve...
  2. bluecat

I did a quick google for "basin and pump system" and most of the results were about sump pumps... Please pardon this plumbing idiot for drawing an incorrect conclusion. I see what you're saying: if there's a pump box, it's a basin and pump system. Therefore, the problem could lie in the pump...
  3. bluecat

At least now we know a vent above the shower isn't going to remove the gases. There isn't a sump pump, if that's what you're referring to. We did have problems with the toilet connections not being sealed properly, so there's a possibility that the connections on the shower pipes need...
  4. bluecat

Supposedly it drains into the "pump box", which is connected directly to the "main stack". So I guess it's taking a slightly roundabout course to the sewer, but using the same channel as everything else. I was also told that there's a p-trap in the shower drain that should be blocking sewer...
  5. bluecat

Yes, but (and, again, this is second-hand information) I've been told the shower isn't connected to the sewer.
  6. bluecat

I was told that it's connected to the main stack that everything else vents through. Does that make sense?
  7. bluecat

We've been renovating the basement, gradually turning it into a livable space, and now we've hit a wall with this mysterious shower issue. We hired a plumbing company to install a toilet and shower in the area that will eventually serve as a bathroom. After having numerous issues with the toilet...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks