Search results

1. Kiton

Sludge in drinking water supply line

I was changing a valve for my brother, it was located low in the basement so to be sure there was no water in the pipe near the solder area, I used a long compressor nozzle to blow out any water in the vertical pipe. When I removed the nozzle, it was covered in sludge. This can't be good, or a...
  2. Kiton

Burial of copper water lines

I have searched through the NPC for the rules of burying copper drinking water supply lines. The only reference I have found is in the screen capture attached referencing mechanical damage. Wayne had sent me the IPC rules for burial but I cant find anything even close in the NPC: 305.1...
  3. Kiton

Main water service copper line through concrete wall

Last year I had my galvanized steel water supply lines changed for copper. I just read in another thread about how copper should not touch the concrete wall. I had complained about this at the time the job was being done but the plumber insisted all was fine. He drilled a hole through the wall...
  4. Kiton

Riser clamp torque

I have a few holes in a vertical section of my cast stack. I would like to cut the section put and replace with PVC but will need to install a riser clamp to support the section above the cut. How tight does one tighten the bolts on the riser clamp to be sure not to crack the cast? Is there a...
  5. Kiton

Copper pipe turned purple on the outside, green inside

My sister called asking for help with a small leak in her main city water supply pipe. She had a pinhole leak in a 3/4 copper on the horizontal run a few feet from the entry point. That section of pipe has purple batches all over the pipe and when we cut the section out, the inside is coated...
  6. Kiton

Mold in water supply pipes

I had a leaking kitchen faucet, so I decide to change the entire faucets, speedways etc. When I was ready to throw out the old speedway, I notice what looks like mold in the line that feed the kitchen sink. I did not throw them in the garbage, wanting to check on them later. A week later, they...
  7. Kiton

Washing machine not vented,

The washing machine and a wash tub in the basement have no vent. They are located a foot or less from the main 4 inch stack and connected at the base of the stack with a 1.5 inch ABS threaded adapter to the San Tee in the cast iron stack.Sometimes there is a little bit of a smell from the wash...
  8. Kiton

Kitchen installer AAV add

My sister had her kitchen redone with a very nice large under counter double sink installed. The installer added an AAV as the nearest vent was about 20 feet away! I kid you not, 20 feet on a 1.5 inch line! I don't understand why they did not add a real vent while the walls were open, but...
  9. Kiton

Tips for tricky slip nuts

Tips for tricky slip nuts Does anyone have any tricks to tighten slip joints that are barely accessible? I can not get channel locks or and adjustable in there to tighten the P Trap to trap arm slip nut and it drips. The back story: I found a small section of old steel pipe between the...
  10. Kiton

KOHLER Cimarron pedestal lav

Before I buy and install one this weekend, any thoughts, good or bad regarding the KOHLER Cimarron pedestal sink? thanks,
  11. Kiton

ABS joint turned from yellow to white

I had a kitchen counter installer in about a year ago to install new kitchen cupboards. They sent a "plumber" to do the sink install, he used ABS over PVC. One of the joints has turned from yellow to white. I assume this will need to be cut out and replaced? What causes the ABS cement to...
  12. Kiton

Uponor expansion Tool question

I am about to purchase an Uponor hand expander used, I have a crimp system now but feel like the expansion work done by the first plumber I had in is a better method. Am I over working this? Is the difference worth changing over for? In this case it means a 3 hour drive to the next decent...
  13. Kiton

905.3 vent exceptions

I have a tub and sink that are plumbed using S traps, on a 1.5 inch line that is 6 feet to the stack. I would like to change these S traps out for P traps and replace part of that drain line this weekend or next. I can not run a vent in the typical routing as the tub drain comes back under the...
  14. Kiton

Short term vent fix

posted in main plumbing forum.
  15. Kiton

Shared exhaust vents

I would like to install a whole home air exchanger this spring. What can or can not share the exhaust vent with these units? The kitchen currently does not have a vented stove hood. Can I tie a stove hood vent in to the air exchanger exhaust line (5 inch insulated flexible) as it heads up to...
  16. Kiton

cast stack education

I am starting to plan for a project that I would like to start during my summer holidays and need some help with planning work to a cast iron 4 inch stack. Gutting it all top to bottom would be straightforward but most of the vertical is still in good shape and I am undecided what is the best...
  17. Kiton

Moen install question

I have just done a full reno of my daughter's bathroom. I installed a Moen Positemp bath faucet and have a question or two. I am not loving the water seal around the control, would a little clear silicone around the space interfere with it any way? Also, when I tighten the black plastic handle...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks