Search results

1. Kiton

Sludge in drinking water supply line

I wish they would do that here! He seems to feel it is fine because if he fills the sink the water is clear. I would like him to filter his drinking water until he has some answers.
  2. Kiton

I did, but it is brown on brown and doesn't really show well. The builder used a steel ground clamp for the electrical panel on the copper pipe. The house is 17 years old, and the ground clap was rotten, along with the valve and several fittings just upstream from the ground clamp. We Changed...
  3. Kiton

It switches to Zurn pex after the valve. The actual copper pipe that left the sludge on nozzle does not really show the effect as much as the inside wall of the Zurn. It took me about three times the normal effort to clean the inside of the pipe to clean fresh looking copper before soldering...
  4. Kiton

I was changing a valve for my brother, it was located low in the basement so to be sure there was no water in the pipe near the solder area, I used a long compressor nozzle to blow out any water in the vertical pipe. When I removed the nozzle, it was covered in sludge. This can't be good, or a...
  5. Kiton

Main water service copper line through concrete wall

Thanks Jeff, The plan is to write him and offer him the chance to redo the work, if he refuses, then I will have another contractor re do the job and file for the costs. It makes no sense, from my point of view, it would be in his best interest to just make a deal and get it done right. Time...
  6. Kiton

Burial of copper water lines

Thank you Terry.
  7. Kiton

Hi Jeff, I asked a few inspection companies and none with quote the building code, I find that odd. I asked an engineering firm, the job was "too small" they did not want to come and look. I asked 2 plumbers and they do not want to speak against another plumber in writing that the job should...
  8. Kiton

2.3.5.5. Protection from Mechanical Damage 1) Plumbing, piping and equipment exposed to mechanical damage shall be protected. Am I am safe to assume this means copper pipe penetrating a concrete wall must be insulated from contact? thank you,
  9. Kiton

2.3.5.5. Protection from Mechanical Damage 1) Plumbing, piping and equipment exposed to mechanical damage shall be protected. Am I am safe to assume this means copper pipe penetrating a concrete wall must be insulated from contact? thank you,
  10. Kiton

Can any Canadian plumbers point me to code on copper pipe being in contact with concrete walls? thanks,
  11. Kiton

Thanks Reach4, it is a help actually because part of the issue is he did not seal the hole in the wall from the outside so water can seep inside.
  12. Kiton

I have searched through the NPC for the rules of burying copper drinking water supply lines. The only reference I have found is in the screen capture attached referencing mechanical damage. Wayne had sent me the IPC rules for burial but I cant find anything even close in the NPC: 305.1...
  13. Kiton

The picture I posted was the day it was installed, that kinked area is now deep green, which he says is totally normal and means nothing. But it is only green in the kinked area, the rest of 1 inch pipe above the floor looks like new.
  14. Kiton

I am away, and the NRC ties the PDF version of the code to your computer, so I can not open it on my laptop, I have to wait until I get home to read through the code. I will scour it once home and get back to you. thanks Wayne,
  15. Kiton

The copper they used was type K, which is code here. The owner of the plumbing house called and said he will not fix the job, it is fine, in his 30 years of plumbing, most jobs are done like this, he claims it is code compliant and said the best he would do is come back and inject the space...
  16. Kiton

Thank you Jeff, I found some online, it is 20 cents a foot here, doesn't make sense to make such a short cut. I have ordered a roll and will have it on hand when the job is done just to be sure!
  17. Kiton

I really appreciate the feed back guys, I had seen other contractors wrap the pipe, he swore up and down, there was no need. This is the new pipe, you can see the old lines, where I was told was where the new ones would also go, but he abandon the old lines in place and made a new hole at a 45...
  18. Kiton

Thank you very much Wayne, The plumbing and electrical code is written by the National Research Council, then tweaked for some provinces. I just ordered a copy, it is only $50.00
  19. Kiton

Thanks Wayne, Now to formulate the letter to the company, at least it is a really big plumbing house (maybe 20 trucks on the road), not a solo plumber, so easier to absorb the hit of re-doing bad work. He also soldered the reducer from 1 inch to 3/4 and then the uponor fitting so close to the...
  20. Kiton

Riser clamp torque

Hi James, I totally get that. In another life, I was a pipe fitter and 6g (all position) high pressure TIG welder. Mostly titanium and hastelloy. Huge heat exchangers, chemical reactors etc, there were so many things we did day in day out, just by feel, just by experience. But being so far...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks