Search results

1. MikeG88

Question on calculating head pressure and circulator setting

I recently had to swap out my circulator pump (it was a Taco 00R-MSF1-4IFC, Taco technical support recommended the 0015e3-f4 as the current equivalent). I,m curious about how much head pressure my system has because I've noticed that the performance curves for the three speeds are not the same...
  2. MikeG88

Boiler modulation question

It's the MXZ-3C revision. I don't have (and can't find) a users manual that really goes into the compressor itself. I downloaded the service and install manuals for the compressor but they don't seem to go into that detail. On another note I lost power for over a day during one of the recent...
  3. MikeG88

How can I tell when it runs a defrost cycle?
  4. MikeG88

LOL saw the movie and read the book. I think it's a cold start, at least most of the time. Fan definitely stops, I think compressor totally stops, and air is not warmer than normal when it starts blowing. As long as not doing damage or really killing efficiency I guess I shouldn't worry too...
  5. MikeG88

There is no light to tell when the GLs are running in defrost. I have checked the outdoor unit when running below freezing and never noticed any overt frost etc on the fins but maybe didn't look at the right time or place. I have suspected that sometimes when the two green lights come on (manual...
  6. MikeG88

Dana I took your advice and have been heating with the minisplits for several days (the two GL09s). I did observe last night (with outside temps in the mid 30s after a day that went up into the 40s) that I was getting heat cycles based on how long the vanes were in heat position) for 10 or 11...
  7. MikeG88

Thanks for the math showing where the efficiency comes from. Most of my experience heating with the minisplits is when the outdoor temps are in the 30's or higher. The seem to run a lot of the time but not pushing a whole lot of volume. The seem to start off a little above room temperature and...
  8. MikeG88

Thanks Dana, I actually do have a 2 1/2 ton Mitsubishi Mini-split system. There are 2 9k BTU units in the living area ( one in the master bedroom and one in the living room that opens to the dining and kitchen area). and a single 12k BTU unit in the basement. I don't usually run the unit in...
  9. MikeG88

The 2.6 GPM at 77F rise was the one major negative I picked up on from the brochure. It is a 2 bathroom house but I currently occupy it alone, and am not in the habit of running the other water using appliances while showering. Another adult would be fine, but children would find it hard to...
  10. MikeG88

Thanks for the sanity check Dana, if the worst case scenario amount of short cycling I may get on a mild day isn't abusing the boiler I won't worry about it so much. I did see pick up some literature on the Lochinvar Nobles at my propane suppliers showroom (too bad they do have an operational...
  11. MikeG88

Dana, thanks for the degree day factor speculation, it seems to make sense so you are probably right on. A few years ago I did borrow an infrared thermometer and placed tape in several spots. I dont think I ever got a delta over 15F once the boiler was running. Last night I decided to put the...
  12. MikeG88

Dana thanks for the reply and encouragement to use return, I will have to wait and see if we get any truly cold days during waking non-working times to try to time the burns and count the cycles. If I recall the burns themselves are a bit short in return and the the water continues to circulate...
  13. MikeG88

Dana, I am wondering what you thoughts are as far as running this unit in return? This unit was a straight replacement for another of the same model that was experiencing the error code 12 problem. My builder replaced it (on their dime) but we did try running it in return mode for a month or...
  14. MikeG88

Hi Dana, The primary loop is copper, I don't have the Navien manufactured manifold. I do have the remote (its's mounted next to the boiler), and the manual (but it doesn't show any adjustment for difference or delay before flame-out and re-fire). It is set up for supply control but have tried...
  15. MikeG88

NY_Rob- you are obviously correct. But another user here that I have corresponded with had the outdoor reset on this series of Navien and could never really dial in a good curve (I believe they only have limited presets). Maybe I am basing this on anecdotal evidence, but I didnt see other users...
  16. MikeG88

Thanks to everybody for your replies. Dana: here is the information you asked for and anything else that I can think of that might be important. The boilers is a Navien CH210ASME, No outdoor reset. Single zone plumbed the usual primary/secondary. Boiler in the unheated basement. Circulator...
  17. MikeG88

Thanks Dana. Last night after a somewhat mild day, I noticed the boiler drop supply temp from around set point by 20 or more degrees. But it didn't look like it shut the flame off like a short cycle, maybe it dropped back a stage? The supply temperature did start to climb but the heat call ended...
  18. MikeG88

When a boiler modulates I understand it is reducing the firing rate. Is the most obvious evidence of this seeing the boiler drop the supply temperature below the set point? I would assume this happens when the delta drops below a certain number, and the boiler reduces the supply temperature...
  19. MikeG88

Navien CH210ASME- burner cuts out for an instant

Yesterday I noticed my three year old Navien CH201ASME go through the same 2 second on- 2 second off at start up like the old unit did. It didn't reach 20 times and error out with a code 12, but it did do it again on the next call (maybe not as many times), but haven't noticed it since. I just...
  20. MikeG88

Navien CH210ASME- burner cuts out for an instant

Hey Jac- I'm with you on worrying about everything. I had Mitsubishi Mini-split air conditioning installed during the summer and I made sure that they could produce enough heat to get me by in a pinch if the Navien gave out. I used them to heat in the fall and my electric bill was still quite...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks