Search results

1. thomasWshea

Drain Embedded in Concrete Slab in Condo Complex

There is always an initial Public Offering Statement when the units are sold from the builder / developer. That P.O.S. would have included plans. Like jadnashua said, the city may have them, but if city is anything like Seattle, good luck finding them. Most condo associations have it worded so...
  2. thomasWshea

cracking porcelain over steel tub

good point. my wording was off. i meant: I rather pay more now for a longer lasting product that has a lower cost of ownership per year down the road.
  3. thomasWshea

Shires Thermostatic control knob

I've had bad luck with replacement parts on anything typical consumer grade plumbing faucet / shower control from home depot or like stores. You can try a local plumbing supply house. Sometimes I can find parts at McMaster-Carr if it's a bushing or a seal. It looks like you have geared part...
  4. thomasWshea

Yeah I don't know if the kohler villager is as thick as the cast iron tubs of yesteryear, but I know my dad's kohler cast iron tub from 2008 doesn't have a noticeable problem sucking the heat out of the water. That may be partly that people are keeping houses warmer now than they did years ago...
  5. thomasWshea

haha...we try...but ya know: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beluga_whale
  6. thomasWshea

Yeah, I've read that. From how the tub acts, I am almost 100% sure they didn't do that. If I have to replace it, I am planning on going with cast iron at this point. Thanks for the input!
  7. thomasWshea

Shower tile sealer

Sounds like you applied the sealer as directed. I would say beading is good. The evaporation has more to do with how humid the air is. As long as it's sealed properly, it should be fine. Not sure about waxing, it sounds like an idea, but I would go into a tile store and ask someone there. They...
  8. thomasWshea

Exactly, this tub has creaked and popped since day one. I went into HD, and I saw a similar if not identical unit for 99$, which was a clue that it is a "slap it in" el cheap o unit. The thing that gets me is this tub was 99$, and a quality villager cast iron unit is 400$. You'd think for a...
  9. thomasWshea

Thanks for the reply...we're kind of just pending to see what happens, and ready to replace if it goes. I was expecting some of the porcelain to come loose before it fails, but it sounds like that may or may not happen.
  10. thomasWshea

What's a good tub?

I like the Toto but it's around 1800$, the Kohler Villager is around 550$ and looks nearly the same. The Villager is my top candidate right now.
  11. thomasWshea

So, I have a low end porcelain over steel tub in my condo (built in 2000) that creaks and pops a lot under my feet, and I believe what ever support that was under the tub has failed. There are many fine racks in the bottom of the top, and one area in particular, near the drain, actually sits...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks