Search results

1. leonk

Wet vent tub and sink - will this work?

Thanks for all the input Sean! I have a whole new appreciation for plumbers with this bathroom reno.
  2. leonk

Right. Got that. Except the wet vent you describe is not 100% vertical. The Wye is between the floor joists. It travels about 6" into a 90 elbow, and then goes up between wall joists. and enters the bottom of the sanitary T. Where the top of the T is clean vent (1 1/4") and the horizontal...
  3. leonk

Sean, there's so many codes out there, it's overwhelming when you have something like the internet. In the table you provided, "Maximum hydraulic load", does that equate to number of fixtures? Some codes (like the uniform plumbing code) use DFU's (drainage fixture unit value). It assigns "1"...
  4. leonk

In Canada Tub and lavatory are allowed to connect on 1 1/2" pipe and vented by 1 1/4" air vent. It seems I might not have a choice by to run 2 vents as per second picture. Is there a limit on how close the vent can be to a P trap? I read somewhere 18" .. is this correct? As for cutting stack...
  5. leonk

The problem I have is the vent/drain. 1) vent enters cast iron stack with 1 1/4" galvanized pipe (it was connected to ABS in the 1970's using screw on ABS fitting) 2) drain size is 1 1/2". It enters stack lower using nohub fitting.
  6. leonk

The above is another possible configuration using 2 vents / no wet venting. Will this work better? Also, is there a minimum distance between weir on tub/shower P-trap and wye for air vent?
  7. leonk

I hope the above explains what I'm trying to do. The drain continues to the stack. Is the above allowed? Is there a "smarter" way of doing this? I'm able to move plumbing and vents around, just not fixture locations (e.g. add a vent for the tub if needed rather than wet vent through lavatory)...
  8. leonk

Is this S trap or P trap?

How will you convert this to P trap? Where does the vent need to go? First 90 and nowhere else allowed?
  9. leonk

Is this S trap or P trap?

Just noticed this at my brothers home. Was wondering if this is an S trap or works fine? And if it's not legal, what are some suggestions to fix this? I'm thinking that everything is fine except for the sanitary T. The plumbing from the kitchen should go in to the T from the right (rather...
  10. leonk

Cutting flange on alcove tub? Anyone done this before?

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm planning on gutting my 2nd floor bathroom and remodel it. Part of the remodel includes moving the tub from it's current location to a better one (currently it's a tiny 48" x 22" tub!! in a 1918 home .. last remodelled in 1971). I plan on using an...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks