Search results

1. NYresq

Alliance indirect performance with smaller boilers?

Just a follow up, I Installed the alliance 50 gallon, wired up as a priority direct to the Alpine 80. When it calls for heat, it disregards the ODR and fires up to 185* (or tries to, I havent seen it get above 175 even after a few minutes at full burn) with priority so the heat loop circulators...
  2. NYresq

Yea, I can only think they did it to increase velocity through the coil at the expense of volume??
  3. NYresq

Fortunately my boiler is piped with all 1" pipe. I hear what you are saying with the house going cold, I will probably set the priority for a 30 minute run. My house is tight enough that even on the coldest day a 30 minute run without heat won't drop the temps in the house more than a couple...
  4. NYresq

The problem comes with getting a long enough vertical drop without T's and other lines coming in. I dont have even 36" without having to cut and reroute all the drain lines.... I think with the 50 gallon and it wired as a priority on the boiler I should be in good shape. My main thought was...
  5. NYresq

Dana, thanks for checking in. I wish I had the space and location for a drain heat xchanger, but my house has the drain going to one side of the house and the water main and boiler on the other side. It would be a 30'+ run each way, and even at that, the amount of drain pipe I could get an...
  6. NYresq

How big is your boiler that keeps the endless hot water flowing, and what temp do you keep the IWH tank set to? For the showers I am not too concerned with going with the smaller 35 gal unit, but filling the big tub would deplete that and then some unless I had a mixing valve and the tank at 150...
  7. NYresq

Replacing a stand alone WH, want to go with an Indirect. The alliance SL indirect water heaters list their required inputs as 99K BTU's for the 35 gallon model, and 110K for the 50 gal model. Does anyone know how much the performance would be decreased when using an Alpine 80? For full burn...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks