Search results

1. Michaelco

Magnetic Contactor

Anyone have any recommendations on a high quality magnetic contactor for 1 hp Berkley submersible pump. It will be running at 240 vac ~10 amp, but will want the coil to be 120 vac. Thanks in advance
  2. Michaelco

Impact Water Products Reputable?

Thanks for the feedback - will assume it was a busy time.
  3. Michaelco

Thanks, I’ll give it another pass to get correlation of their “internal part numbers” listed on the quote to the part numbers they show on their website. Received such bizarre response to a fairly simple request - I’ll assume, it’s just a “too busy” situation, and give it another try
  4. Michaelco

I'm trying to determine if I just got someone there that is either too busy, incompetent, or whether the company is just not trustworthy. Should I stay away from them, or try to connect with someone else. Thoughts, experiences?
  5. Michaelco

Using Iron Filters Between Well Head and Water Storage Tanks

Biggest issue at the level iron we have is clogging of drip emitters. Have read above .1 mg/L can cause the issue. Also, the ag report says staying below .300 mg/L is optimum. Our soil has a high iron content as well, but I don’t know it’s bioavailability. Most likely, the plants would be...
  6. Michaelco

Looking at a system which inject ozone prior to an iron filter. There are a couple of things that are a bit of a challenge to figure out, so could use some help. Have seen half life numbers for ozone anywhere from a few minutes to 30 minutes, and don’t know if I have to worry about the...
  7. Michaelco

Thanks for the information - I do want to maximize the flow rate - Just in general, pump running with full capacity means less pumping time, and quicker storage tank recovery. I don't know the minimum GPM needed for the filter, but even a 5 GPM would satisfy our current water usage needs...
  8. Michaelco

Thanks for the explanation on why you lose the air bubble. Could be interesting/promising - what are the downsides of this approach? Cost, reliability, maintenance, …?? There’d be pressure variation, even using the pressure tank approach I had mentioned before. Any suggestions on...
  9. Michaelco

I had thought of having a different configuration but wanted to avoid all the extra pieces - could have the well feed into a pressure tank located at the storage tanks, which would be connected to the iron filter. Between the filter and storage tank inlet would be a solenoid valve which would...
  10. Michaelco

Would this even work with our system? No water at well head to circulate unless the submersible pump was running. The well output feeds into the storage tanks, when tanks water level is below upper float. Would it work, without reconfiguring the system with pressure tank, and valve?
  11. Michaelco

We want to filter iron, manganese from a new well, prior to it entering a couple of 5,000 gallon storage tanks. . Our Iron levels are .740 mg/l and Manganese .051 ppm. There is also a slight sulfur smell (hydrogen sulfide), but figure the filter will be able to deal with that as well. Water...
  12. Michaelco

Filter well water for iron and manganese

Thanks for passing on the warning about maintaining the air bubble, and suggestion to post on the well/pump forum. Not all plants are sensitive to excess iron, but many plants don't do well with a high iron level - the water agricultural suitability says iron levels below .300 mg/l are acceptable
  13. Michaelco

Filter well water for iron and manganese

We want to filter iron, manganese from a new well, prior to it entering a couple of 5,000 gallon storage tanks. . Our Iron levels are .740 mg/l and Manganese .051 ppm. There is also a slight sulfur smell (hydrogen sulfide), but figure the filter will be able to deal with that as well. We're...
  14. Michaelco

Brizo Model 63500 Faucet Hose Quick Connection is Frozen

Thanks for the help - Don't know if the heat made the difference, or just the accumulation of all the rotating and pulling did it - but, in any case, replaced the hose and no leaks. Thanks again
  15. Michaelco

I have seen the o-ring in the replacement hose. So, you think the o-ring is enough to make it difficult to disconnect - would heating up the connector help soften up the o-ring to make it a little easier to disconnect? I have used pliers on the hose end, to get a better grip, and applied quite...
  16. Michaelco

I am trying to replace the hose on faucet, and it won't disconnect. I have removed the plastic clip that locks it onto the copper line, but pulling down on the fitting doesn't have much affect. There is a difference in the connector when comparing the replacement hose and the old hose. The...
  17. Michaelco

Protecting a submersible pump using flowmeter

I had a camera recording a clamp on meter as I was watching the flow into a tank, which allowed me to see "no flow condition" at the same time as I "saw" the current draw - that is, with a little verbal queue from the ladder. I had looked at the Cycle Sensor, but was concerned that either drift...
  18. Michaelco

Protecting a submersible pump using flowmeter

I have a well with a 3/4 HP submersible, and the difference in current when under load and the "run dry" case is too small to allow a good set point to trip the controller. If I ever have to replace the pump, I'll size it correctly so the contrast between normal load and run dry is more...
  19. Michaelco

Using a Amtrol WX 350 to improve well efficiency

Thanks for confirmation - wasn't sure if my approach to "zero in" on a good restart timer setting was realistic.
  20. Michaelco

Using a Amtrol WX 350 to improve well efficiency

Thanks - for the info. We're due for some rain, so will hold off running the test until next time I irrigate - There's over 300 gallons in the casing (above the pump) when the well is completely full. So the pump should run for over an hour (ignoring any influx of "new" water into the well)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks